Anyone looking for a 6105??

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Anyone looking for a 6105??

On watchuseek. Nice seller. Overhauled by Jack in 2016. Domed sapphire crystal.

Or Seiko is making a new limited edition version now. I was kind of excited about it until I saw the price tag on it, 5K. Ouch!
    I am living the dream in Hawaii.

Comment

Aren't you the guy with the $10k seadweller?

This on is in great shape, serviced and pressure tested, sapphire crystal, original dial, hands, and insert, for 1/3 of the reissue.

Originally posted by vjb.knife View Post
      Or Seiko is making a new limited edition version now. I was kind of excited about it until I saw the price tag on it, 5K. Ouch!

Comment

2017 Sea Dweller Mark I is going at $14,000+ at the moment. Seen them for around $19,000 too..... But I hear Vince, that $5K for a basic Seiko 6105, even if it does have a newer and better movement is still not worth $5K. To be honest I liked the 6309 better, and getting a new one years ago back in the day just slipped through my fingers. Saved the cash, went in to buy, and the 6309 was gone forever - replaced by the run of the mill SKX. I was beside myself... the SKX in the case looked kind of like the 6309, but it wasn't a 6309. I did get the SKX and still have it - it was a beater dive watch I used for a while.
        TKite,
        Hydronaut

I need a new watch

Comment

I know $5 can be doable and I also own a Grand Seiko Diver that was around $6500. I like the 6105 but, when you can buy several versions of the Marine Master with the same movement in the $2k to $3K range it is hard to justify for me. I guess it is the limited edition thing driving the price up that high that also kills it for me.
          I am living the dream in Hawaii.

Comment

I think Seiko has changed hands from old guard to new in the company. You cannot explain the unusual and not so good changes in the watch lines that have happened in the past 2-4 years. Things like making basically everything part of the "Prospex" line and doubling the prices, quality control such as the chapter ring markers, changing the dial on a heritage model such as the Marinemaster 300 from the "Marinemaster" logo to just the plain old "X" like the rest of the herd, etc.

If they wanted to improve the Marinemaster 300, they would have left the dial as it was, added a domed sapphire crystal, a ceramic bezel insert while keeping original style lume pip in the triangle, and regulated the 8L35 to minimum COSC standards. Then they could have just reissued the 6309 in original form, as well as the 6105, and called it a day there.

The cost of the Turtle is high for what it is - they could have added a minimum of a domed sapphire crystal and that would have at least made the price jump worth it in that respect - the Hong Kong watches are half the cost and have sapphire.
            TKite,
            Hydronaut

I need a new watch

Comment

You can think whatever you want. If people will pay for it then that is what it is worth. When Seiko does what Rolex does, what Omega does, what Schimmel (pens), what Miyabi (knives) does, they are doing what their shareholders or owners expect.

Comment

Meanwhile, I wish there was someone out there that I could get to relume my 6105.

George
                Cardigan American Princess Celeste says, "It's too quiet. You guys get up off your butts and start doing things."

Comment

You're right George, it seems like there's no place to send a watch off to that one can trust these days.
                  TKite,
                  Hydronaut

I need a new watch

Comment

Originally posted by George W. Olney View Post
                    Meanwhile, I wish there was someone out there that I could get to relume my 6105.

George
                    George, I came across these 2, Motor City Watch Works and the Relumer. I am in no way recommending either of these services, simply came across them during a search and they seemed credible. Obviously, Motor City Watch Works is in Detroit, but I was unable to determine where the Relumer is. In any case, if you're interested you can contact them and form your own judgement.

Comment

Motor City is good folks, also Jack at IWW could relume and service the watch too

Comment

Has Jack started taking customers again. Last I heard he wasn't due to heart problems.

Geoge
                        Cardigan American Princess Celeste says, "It's too quiet. You guys get up off your butts and start doing things."

Comment

Oh I didn't realize! I haven't sent him anything recently, probably in the last 2 years or so. I wish him well and hope he is on the mend.

Comment

Jack had heart issues going on several years ago. I would think he would have worked past that now. I would think that he would get relaxation out of working on watches? I hope he's doing well.
                            TKite,
                            Hydronaut

I need a new watch

Comment

Working...
                            X