My first adventure in Scuba

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by cdnwatchguy View Post
    Your cert dives are way more interesting than the ones I had. Well done.
    Did you do your cert dives up here in Canada? I had the chance to do that, but the freshwater lake they do it in is 90 minutes north of Prince Albert. It is deep and surprisingly clear, but that only shows how little there is to see. Also, it's really, really cold.
    Solve all your doubts through question mode.

Comment

Originally posted by Tim. View Post
      Fantastic Henry, congratulations, I asked for a report and you didn't disappoint, very comprehensive, many thanks for sharing. Are those shots taken with your new little tracker?
      Thanks Tim. Yes, it was thorough. It will help me remember. Reading it back today I see I failed to mention seeing live squid for the first time and they are incredibly fascinating.

Yes, those shots are all from my Olympus Tracker. Technically only the picture of the electric ray and the shot chas took of me are photos. All the rest are captures from video I shot. They weren't even the 4K video, only full HD. That thing is great. Divemaster Beetlejuice couldn't believe that I could takke a camera without a housing into the sea until I played him back some video.

I am glad I went with the tracker. At least two guys had problems with their GoPros seizing at depth. Near as we could figure the pressure was deflecting the housings and squeezing the controls.

Comment

Good on ya, Henry. Welcome to your new addiction!

Comment

Thanks Chris. Addiction indeed. We are already planning my next dive trip. We've got a friend here who is also pretty new to this and we are going together. I found another wreck for novices, that is close enough inshore and has a good beach, so that will become our first shore dive.

Comment

Working...
          X