Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Halloo friends

Greetings from a camping trip near Milford, NJ

awesome weather but but rain is on the way DEBB5357-9101-463B-844D-186AA3F19326.jpeg

7C98165E-F3E7-4FEA-A2BE-5563777C39BF.jpeg

Comment

I've been there!

Comment

Love the camping part, but you went to NJ?
        TKite,
        Hydronaut

I need a new watch

Comment

New Jersey's actually a beautiful state once you get over the negative image of the Jersey
          Turnpike.
          "So Many Watches / So Little Time"

Comment

A guy told me that once, but he was drunk at the time. The pictures, however, show a tremendous natural beauty I can really appreciate.

George
            Cardigan American Princess Celeste says, "It's too quiet. You guys get up off your butts and start doing things."

Comment

Originally posted by TKite View Post
              Love the camping part, but you went to NJ?
              LOL...we camped and biked in Pennsylvania. This one hike across the river was so we could have a nice view back into PA.

Seriously, Kurt & George are right, there are some beautiful places in NJ when you get away from NY, Philly and the other terribly crowded areas.
              B

Comment

Beautiful! Thanks for sharing.

Comment

So true regarding NJ and PA (and NY for that matter)... Get away from the cities and there is much beauty. Cities have there place (I live in one) but they are not great repositories of natural beauty. Thank you for sharing, B!

Comment

Originally posted by mosswood View Post
                    So true regarding NJ and PA (and NY for that matter)... Get away from the cities and there is much beauty. Cities have there place (I live in one) but they are not great repositories of natural beauty. Thank you for sharing, B!
                    Agreed. NY has many amazingly beautiful rural areas.

This trip was interesting to me because I grew up almost in sight of the Delaware River, where it is about one and a third miles wide (and it gets much wider). Seeing this relatively un-developed area where the Delaware is little more than a couple metal spans wide, was like a trip back to an earlier time. Riding bikes along the 1830s-era towpath on the PA side made that feeling even more vivid.
                    Last edited by Watch Carefully; 05-13-2019, 08:37 AM.

Comment

You guys need to come up to New England. My house will be 200 years old next year, and it's not the oldest of houses either. Most of New England is forest, from Oak to every variety of evergreen. Yet, both New York City and Boston are not too far to drive if you just feel the need to go into a big city for a day to do some unusual shopping - like watches
                      TKite,
                      Hydronaut

I need a new watch

Comment

Originally posted by TKite View Post
                        You guys need to come up to New England. My house will be 200 years old next year, and it's not the oldest of houses either. Most of New England is forest, from Oak to every variety of evergreen. Yet, both New York City and Boston are not too far to drive if you just feel the need to go into a big city for a day to do some unusual shopping - like watches
                        I'd be happy to visit!
                        My family, and that of my closest friend from high school (who was on the trip this weekend), have been to ME and NH several times together. Summer vacations up there are fantastic, and we get to do loads of hiking, fishing, paddling, etc.
                        Lately we've been exploring TN & VA (as we will this summer) but I look forward to returning north sometime.

Comment

Well don't forget that there are SIX states in New England, and each has a lot to offer. If you ever go on a road trip, let me know and I can give you a heads up on lots of things up here.
                          TKite,
                          Hydronaut

I need a new watch

Comment

My daughter just moved from Grantham New Hampshire to Hartford.
                            She taught at Dartmouth for 8 years before taking a job with Signa. I'm
                            glad she's out of Academia, but I'm going to miss those White Mountains.
                            "So Many Watches / So Little Time"

Comment

I'm surprised she quit working for Dartmouth. Seems like a college professor gig would be awesome.
                              TKite,
                              Hydronaut

I need a new watch

Comment

Working...
                              X