• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Incoming...one of the NOS Sea-3s!

So, here is my plan...

This watch:

On the straps at right:

Blue-yellow-straps (2).jpg

It will have a lot of color, but I think the overall effect will be cohesive. My main concern is that the colors of blue aren't similar in these pictures, but I've seen images of both which indicate the colors are more muted in natural light.

Not sure yet whether I'll pursue any additional lume or coatings on the case/bezel.
    I've seen a lot of versions of Sea-3s, and it seems there are no limits.
    Cheers,
    B
    Last edited by Watch Carefully; 05-09-2019, 06:29 PM.

Another view of the dial color...it seems far less puple-ish in this lighting. More of a slate blue:

Comment

It is shipping out today...I'm really psyched.
      Hopefully the straps aren't too far behind (coming from CN, unfortunately--apparently by the proverbial Slow Boat.)
      Photos to follow ASAP...
      B

Comment

Golly, it is BIG

It really is cool as all get-out.
        Straps and a shark mesh are on the way. I may need to borrow a set of straps (22mm) from one of my other watches and give it a shake-down.

Comment

Very cool - love that color combination and it should look great on the straps.

Comment

That looks really cool.
            sigpic Let the music be your Master, will you heed the Master's call?

Comment

Lume on the hands is awesome...I've heard some guys have had Kent Parks re-lume the dial (and add lume to bezel numbers). I might think about it.

Comment

A quick update...I had this KAVU I use occasionally for my Seamaster GMT.
                The color scheme is all wrong, but at least I can wear my new watch now!

Comment

I like the blue and yellow. I got one, way back when, yellow face and multi-color hands. It has been stored for years. I may get it out. I am looking forward to seeing whatever you do. I thought Kent got out of doing lume work a long time ago. Let me know if I am wrong.

Comment

Originally posted by Watch Carefully View Post
                    A quick update...I had this KAVU I use occasionally for my Seamaster GMT.
                    The color scheme is all wrong, but at least I can wear my new watch now!

Well.... it sure might work out for a vacay to Hawaii
                    TKite,
                    Hydronaut

I need a new watch

Comment

Originally posted by TKite View Post

Well.... it sure might work out for a vacay to Hawaii
                      I think it would!
                      Here it is on the watch I actually DID wear to Hawaii:

One upside to using this strap on the Sea3 is that it adds 2-3 mm height, on the wrist, to an already astonishingly thick watch.
                      When I install the straps/bracelet I have on order, the Sea3 will seem slimmer.

Comment

Yeah that band screams Magnum PI, Lu-ou, Hawaii, etc... Where's Vince he needs one of these for his watch collection

As to the Sea-3, it is a very large watch. It makes the Super Sea Wolf look a bit on the 'small' side!
                        TKite,
                        Hydronaut

I need a new watch

Comment

For Vince, per the recommendation by T above:

https://kavu.com/products/watchband?...12113475862599

Comment

A Shark Mesh I ordered came in...looks much better than on the wrong width KAVU strap:

Unfortunately, it's a cm or so too long, even using the shortest setting on the clasp.
                            Some small pliers and a hacksaw to the rescue!

The Shark is not as high quality as Staib, which has links at the clasp end, solid end-pieces, and a much tighter weave), but it's far less expensive, and looks good (when not sitting beside the Staib). It also may be easier to clean.

Enjoy the weekend, friends,
                            Brad

Comment

Working...
                            X