Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Thank you Tkite...every man should have at least one good suit.

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Thank you Tkite...every man should have at least one good suit.

I was given the heads up to expect a package, but what I got in the mail was a seriously large box. I was only able to get around to opening it this past evening just before my work shift. I'm floored and very grateful to you, Tkite for the suit...wetsuit that is. Will be perfect when I get to the open water portion.

I took off the Doxa which has become an almost daily wear and snapped a couple of pics with the cell phone before heading out to work tonight...

Thank you again! I am ever amazed at the kindness and generosity here on this forum. Thank you!

• Henry Krinkle
    replied
    Originally posted by Tim. View Post

I'm betting it's the D-Star 200. Only cause I know he has it with him.
    Originally posted by TKite View Post
    Oh that's a nice one too!
    Tim is correct. I took the D-Star, and two KonTikis with me. I find the D-Star very easy to read in the water.

P5160295 by Hank Blanc, on Flickr

Leave a comment:

• vjb.knife
    replied
    Yep, we spoke about this before a while back Vince. I think I'd put a couple of steel cylinders on a steel Halcyon wing and do a custom configuration to my helmet. You're running Poseidon regulators aren't you if I remember correctly?
    Yes I run Poseidon Cyklons on my recreational doubles rig, and A Scubapro Full face mask at work on single tanks.

Leave a comment:

• TKite
    replied
    Yep, we spoke about this before a while back Vince. I think I'd put a couple of steel cylinders on a steel Halcyon wing and do a custom configuration to my helmet. You're running Poseidon regulators aren't you if I remember correctly?

Leave a comment:

• vjb.knife
    replied
    I'd love to have the cash to get into diving for fun. I'd set up a Halcyon stainless steel back plate with a double tank - all piped into my Kirby Morgan helmet. I could really have some fun with that!
    Kind of like this? But then pick out something to connect it up to.
    Some doubles... and then connect up a helmet

Leave a comment:

• TKite
    replied
    I'd love to have the cash to get into diving for fun. I'd set up a Halcyon stainless steel back plate with a double tank - all piped into my Kirby Morgan helmet. I could really have some fun with that!

Leave a comment:

• Kevin M
    replied
    I have worn a 6mm suit back in the day in 40 deg water so you'll be just fine. Just remember your weight will have to compensate for both the suit, and your tank getting empty - aluminum tanks want to float as they get progressively empty.
    Lots to learn! Thank =fully I have a bit of time before I get to open water. Looking forward to starting on pool (heated) work in about 2-3 months

Leave a comment:

• TKite
    replied
    I have worn a 6mm suit back in the day in 40 deg water so you'll be just fine. Just remember your weight will have to compensate for both the suit, and your tank getting empty - aluminum tanks want to float as they get progressively empty.

Leave a comment:

• Kevin M
    replied
    I bought that 6mm suit thinking I might need it one day, but I never did. When it was cold we just used Hot Water to our suits (commercial). Kevin can use it as he's just getting his diving certification and he's probably going to be doing some cold water scuba.
    Absolutely! Intend to wear it in the open water around here, so Maryland coast where the water temp is a balmy 60 some at best

Leave a comment:

• TKite
    replied
    Oh that's a nice one too!

Leave a comment:

• Tim.
    replied
    I bet he's wearing the Captain Cook.......
    I'm betting it's the D-Star 200. Only cause I know he has it with him.

Last edited by Tim.; 05-10-2019, 03:07 AM.

Leave a comment:

• cdnwatchguy
    replied
    Solid work gents.

Leave a comment:

• TKite
    replied
    I bet he's wearing the Captain Cook.......

Leave a comment:

• Henry Krinkle
    replied
    Originally posted by Tim. View Post

Ooh, monsters of the deep, can't wait.
    Little teaser.

P5090128.jpg

Leave a comment:

• Henry Krinkle
    replied

Henry since you like photograpy, you should consider investing in a double hose regulator - all the bubbles go out behind your head.

The best, modern double hose unit is the Kraken. I am sure all the divers on this forum will secretly want one - I don't make it a secret, I wish I had one and were near some water to do some nice scuba (Vince, eat it up you're in Hawaii LOL). This guy is a HUGE Sea Hunt fan, now retired but he has a lot of good videos on YouTube for you to check out:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NDlJfFlm7ow
    Thanks T. I'll watch those videos when I return home. And thanks for the advice on regs.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X