It's tax day in the USA...

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Watch Carefully
    started a topic It's tax day in the USA...

It's tax day in the USA...

...and our wonderful new tax law means I've owed more money this year than I have in many prior years.
    Rather than break even with my withholding, I've had to make a payment to the IRS...enough moolah to buy this:

s-l1600.jpg

Thank you, politicians in Washington, for making things better for the 1%.

• Kevin M
    replied
    Originally posted by TKite View Post
    Kev doing a Bill Murray Caddy Shack rouitine lol
    Gotta keep laughing

Leave a comment:

• TKite
    replied
    Kev doing a Bill Murray Caddy Shack rouitine lol

Leave a comment:

• Kevin M
    replied
    Hey, I'm nt complaining about my much smaller than normal refund (working bare min. during school, just 40 hrs). At least I was able to take off the repairs and upkeep to my private jet this year, so I've got that going for me. Which is nice.

Leave a comment:

• TKite
    replied
    LOL.... Well, you'd still be funding her education - because he would tax you 90% of your income to fund all the 'free' stuff

Leave a comment:

• Watch Carefully
    replied
    Originally posted by TKite View Post
    ... way better than commie Bernie...
    To be blunt, if Bernie had gotten in, followed through with his promise to make college education free, then been voted out around the time my daughter is toward the end of her university stay, you wouldn't have heard me complain.

Leave a comment:

• Mike D
    replied
    I never get a refund, that's ok with me for the reason TK noted - don't want the gubment to have my money longer than necessary. However, this year, what I had to pay was less than ever, so that's ok with me.

Leave a comment:

• Serafin
    replied
    My business has been booming these last two years and my taxes has gone down, but still had to write a check to the damn IRS I did not want to.

Leave a comment:

• TKite
    replied
    Nobody should be paying either income tax, or property tax- itís extortion.

Leave a comment:

• Chris
    replied
    For the first time in 20 years we got hit with a big tax bill. Iím a teacher and my wife is unemployed.

But itís great for big companies. 60 Fortune 500 companies paid no taxes on a total of $79 billion of profits earned in 2018.

Leave a comment:

• George W. Olney
    replied
    Yep, politics is VERBOTEN! I will, however, say my taxes went down markedly, and I'm in the bottom 40% of income. On the other hand, I still enjoy life despite the best efforts of politicians.

George

Leave a comment:

• TKite
    replied
    We don't usually discuss 'politics' here, but I'll say that Trump is still better than Hillary, and way better than commie Bernie. Just my two cents and I'll leave it at that

Leave a comment:

• mosswood
    replied
    Ya, voted for them, so they exempted themselves from being charged!

As for taxes, the vested interests in complexity outweigh the pains of those who suffer from the complexity. Not right. Just is. Sucks. Endure.

Leave a comment:

• TKite
    replied
    I never owe anything and never get anything back. I donít believe in giving the government an interest free loan each year. Honestly, income tax and property tax are outright theft. Too bad nobody has ever brought the government up on RICO charges- theyíre the biggest racketeering gang in existence.

Leave a comment:

• Watch Carefully
    replied
    Originally posted by Kevin M View Post
    I can almost buy that cup of coffee I've been saving for!!
    This comment made my day!

Leave a comment:

Working...
X