Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Aquadive evidently likes my pics.

Also on the main page.
    Aquadive History Aquadive Watches In the 60s and 70s, divers the world over knew AQUADIVE. Aquadive’s professional dive watches were highly sought after for both their toughness and their reliability under extreme conditions. Hand crafted form followed functional beauty, reinforced … Continued

Is that your pic looking at the AD coming out of the water in the lower right on that page?
    TKite,
    Hydronaut

I need a new watch

Comment

That one and the one on the line.

Comment

Hmmm, watch looks familiar!

Comment

Yes, and check out that awesome Aquadive MONOBLOC cased dive watch they made. I also noted a picture of a Rotary Aquadive - obviously Rotary wanted to get in on the diving game back in the day.

AquaDive1000Monobloc.jpg
          TKite,
          Hydronaut

I need a new watch

Comment

You'd think they'd contact you and ask for your permission to use the pics. I had created a video of my Jacques Etoile Atlantis years ago - a picture video - with the song "Heavy Metal" playing throughout the video. Jacques Etoile somehow saw it and asked me if they could use it on their website. They should have sent you a free strap or something.

Comment

Nice... sorta... Did they ask your permission? Armand Nicolet is using at least one of my pics on their site, but they asked me first.
              Solve all your doubts through question mode.

Comment

That's pretty rude. They should have asked first. Kinda turns me off to the brand now.

Comment

If they wanted to use a picture of actually me diving and using their watch, Id expect royalties. However just a pic of my watch, Id at least want a mention (Picture by Aquadive owner....).
                  TKite,
                  Hydronaut

I need a new watch

Comment

Speaking as a former publisher and now professional writer, Aquadive is doing something illegal under both US and British copyright law. Aquadive does owe you a picture credit, Chris, at the very least. Actually, they owe you a small royalty check. You can try to contact them through their website and tell them you have documentary evidence the pictures are your creation and under US law your pictures were automatically copyrighted when they were taken (they were). The company will probably try to ignore you and hope you'll go away. You might be able to have a little fun with them if you're so inclined, including the fact that their site uses material they've no right to use, thus has no legal protection. A devious evil mind could take it from there.

George
                    Cardigan American Princess Celeste says, "It's too quiet. You guys get up off your butts and start doing things."

Comment

Working...
                    X