Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I hope I look this good at a 130 yrs old

http://oceanictime.blogspot.com/2019...0th-anniv.html

http://oceanictime.blogspot.com/2019/03/dox-sub-200-130th-anniversary-le.html

Pre-Basel debut!!
    Last edited by Kevin M; 03-13-2019, 10:29 PM.

I actually love the look of Rose Gold on some watches. The Seiko Marinemaster SBDX014 has 'rose gold' accents. We know it's some sort of electroplate or whatever, but it looks great in my opinion. Too bad Seiko doesn't use real gold.
    TKite,
    Hydronaut

I need a new watch

Comment

Mmmmm, not my cuppa tea.
      Keith

Before you judge a man, walk a mile in his shoes; after that, who cares?! He's a mile away and you've got his shoes!

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by TKite View Post
        I actually love the look of Rose Gold on some watches. The Seiko Marinemaster SBDX014 has 'rose gold' accents. We know it's some sort of electroplate or whatever, but it looks great in my opinion. Too bad Seiko doesn't use real gold.
        I thought Seiko used titanium nitride coating which increases corrosion resistance.

EDIT: that's weird the second link didn't feature the 200m diver, pre Sub re-issuse...

Last edited by Kevin M; 03-14-2019, 02:15 PM.

Comment

DOX SUB 200 130th Anniversary LE 01.jpg

Comment

Looks like an Eterna Kon Tiki.

Comment

Originally posted by Kevin M View Post

I thought Seiko used titanium nitride coating which increases corrosion resistance.

EDIT: that's weird the second link didn't feature the 200m diver, pre Sub re-issuse...
              Yeah I believe that's it, but it's not rose gold
              I was all set to buy that SBDX014, and the red letter Sea Dweller came along. Funny thing is, I don't really wear the SD now because it's possibly going to just increase in price, and I should actually sell it. My other half got it for me, and she doesn't want me to sell it but I think I should. It's really too much money for a watch I'd like to wear everyday. If I were Jeff Bezos, I'd just have two - one to sit, and one to wear, but that's not me LOL
              I'm wearing the Zilla all the time, and put on George's Glycine every few days as well. The Zilla is actually more comfortable than one might think, even though it's a whopping 18mm thick. Feels about the same as the SD, actually.
              TKite,
              Hydronaut

I need a new watch

Comment

Working...
              X