Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What ever happened to...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PvO3gs8oubA

Tom, if you see this, you can still hang out even if watches aren't the thing anymore. Hook'em Horns!

Comment

I still see occasional posts from Tom on Facebook, although I'm a very rare visitor to F-Space. I suspect he's moved on to other Internet sites. On the other hand, I do agree the guy needs to get back here,

George
      Cardigan American Princess Celeste says, "It's too quiet. You guys get up off your butts and start doing things."

Comment

Itís hard for me to fathom guys just dropping off after having invested a lot of their life in something like this forum. TR had the RGM 300 that most of the heavy hitters here wore and signed. I didnít participate in that because I was always out to sea. Iíd like to see old members return but Iím not in the business of begging for company. Their loss as much as ours, in my opinion.
        TKite,
        Hydronaut

I need a new watch

Comment

We text every once in a while. I dropped him a line.

Comment

Hello boys! Thank you for asking about me. I faded out of watches a bit and got back into pocket knives big time. We sold our family business and I had to change careers, back into real estate now. I have gotten back into watches a bit.....after we lost my father two summers back my brother and I sold his gold Rolex, split the cash and I'm back into a Doxa Pro yet again .... the 1200T model, which I have always loved. When my son turned 21 five years ago I gave him my Bond Seamaster Pro. When he graduated college two years ago he really wanted the RGM 300 so that was my graduation gift to him. He loves it. I do spoil that boy. He has the box with all y'alls signatures, the papers, everything. I still have my U1, my Black Bay and virtually all my other watches. I will make it a point to start checking in again. Looking at all the killer watches was just too much without cash to buy them. But things are looking up. Thanks again for your thoughts. I can be emailed anytime at tomrobbjr68@gmail.com.
            sigpicHook 'Em
            "Just as watch collectors are keepers of a tradition of a mechanical art, so too are dive watch owners keepers of a legacy of rugged instruments that accompanied man on some of his greatest adventures. Wear your dive watch proudly."

Comment

Originally posted by Chris View Post
              We text every once in a while. I dropped him a line.
              Thank you, Chris. I appreciate it.
              sigpicHook 'Em
              "Just as watch collectors are keepers of a tradition of a mechanical art, so too are dive watch owners keepers of a legacy of rugged instruments that accompanied man on some of his greatest adventures. Wear your dive watch proudly."

Comment

Originally posted by TKite View Post
                Itís hard for me to fathom guys just dropping off after having invested a lot of their life in something like this forum. TR had the RGM 300 that most of the heavy hitters here wore and signed. I didnít participate in that because I was always out to sea. Iíd like to see old members return but Iím not in the business of begging for company. Their loss as much as ours, in my opinion.
                TK, sometimes life takes you in different directions. And that has been the case for me in the most serious of ways.
                sigpicHook 'Em

Comment

Originally posted by George W. Olney View Post
                  I still see occasional posts from Tom on Facebook, although I'm a very rare visitor to F-Space. I suspect he's moved on to other Internet sites. On the other hand, I do agree the guy needs to get back here,

George

Thanks old buddy!
                  sigpicHook 'Em

Comment

Originally posted by T.R. View Post

TK, sometimes life takes you in different directions. And that has been the case for me in the most serious of ways.
                    I understand, but we have lost a ton of members here. I hope you stick around - welcome back to the League.
                    Last edited by TKite; 03-14-2019, 08:03 PM.
                    TKite,
                    Hydronaut

I need a new watch

Comment

Originally posted by T.R. View Post
                      Hello boys! Thank you for asking about me. I faded out of watches a bit and got back into pocket knives big time. We sold our family business and I had to change careers, back into real estate now. I have gotten back into watches a bit.....after we lost my father two summers back my brother and I sold his gold Rolex, split the cash and I'm back into a Doxa Pro yet again .... the 1200T model, which I have always loved. When my son turned 21 five years ago I gave him my Bond Seamaster Pro. When he graduated college two years ago he really wanted the RGM 300 so that was my graduation gift to him. He loves it. I do spoil that boy. He has the box with all y'alls signatures, the papers, everything. I still have my U1, my Black Bay and virtually all my other watches. I will make it a point to start checking in again. Looking at all the killer watches was just too much without cash to buy them. But things are looking up. Thanks again for your thoughts. I can be emailed anytime at tomrobbjr68@gmail.com.
                      Hey bro! Glad to see you posting.

One comment though......you have given your boy a couple of watches but what about your daughter? She would look good sporting the U1. Just sayin.
                      Keith

Before you judge a man, walk a mile in his shoes; after that, who cares?! He's a mile away and you've got his shoes!

sigpic

Comment

Tom, also to hear from you. I will drop you an e-mail in the next few days. Cheers and blessings!

Comment

Hi, Tom. Glad to hear things are looking up and welcome back!

Comment

Welcome back!! Good to see you here again, glad to hear things are improving and hope to see you around more

Comment

Originally posted by cdnwatchguy View Post

Hey bro! Glad to see you posting.

One comment though......you have given your boy a couple of watches but what about your daughter? She would look good sporting the U1. Just sayin.
                              Hey man, I think she wants my SMP 2254..... or maybe the U1. The U1 is her favorite. I'm getting down to no more watches by giving them all to my kids!
                              sigpicHook 'Em

Comment

Working...
                              X