50th Anniversary Sea Dweller

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 50th Anniversary Sea Dweller

Just an FYI for you guys, the 2017 Rolex Sea Dweller is officially the only 50th Anniversary Sea Dweller. The 2017 has a Mark I dial, and they changed the dial afterward in 2018 to a Mark II dial for 2018 and beyond. Also Rolex (Corporate) had a placard in front of the 2017 stating it is the 50th Anniversary edition. I'm just putting this out there because there seems to be some confusion. The 2017 dial has a "I" in between the "Swiss Made", or in other words: "Swiss I Made", denoting the Mark I dial. If you have a look at a 2018, they put a small Rolex crown in between the "Swiss Made" and did away with the number "I".

50thAnniversaryMarkI.jpg

TKite,
    Hydronaut

I need a new watch

I seriously have to win the lottery!! One sweet piece right there

Comment

Yes I am probably going to have to sell it, unfortunately.
      TKite,
      Hydronaut

I need a new watch

Comment

Originally posted by TKite View Post
        Noooooooooooo!!!!!!

Keith

Before you judge a man, walk a mile in his shoes; after that, who cares?! He's a mile away and you've got his shoes!

sigpic

Comment

Yeah, do whatever you can to NOT sell it!! That is one fine watch, and you know it is going to sell for big$$$ in a few years. Now, esp since the dial alone ids so rare. Probably in about 20 years it'll be like the double red. Sell and kidney but don't sell that watch!!

Comment

Believe me I donít want to, and yes it will only appreciate in value. My life is always up and down, a series of good fortunes almost always followed by disaster, unfortunately. Thatís not for anyone to feel sorry for me, I just cannot seem to get ahead and stay there. I suppose most people are in this same boat.
            TKite,
            Hydronaut

I need a new watch

Comment

Believe me I donít want to, and yes it will only appreciate in value. My life is always up and down, a series of good fortunes almost always followed by disaster, unfortunately. Thatís not for anyone to feel sorry for me, I just cannot seem to get ahead and stay there. I suppose most people are in this same boat.
              Well, for what it's worth, I don't think it's the end of the world to flip your Rolex. Sure, I wish I'd kept a couple from my past, like my mint 5513, and a sweet 1675 I used to have, but I've become so bored with brand, and their antics, it was an easy decision to part with mine. They now sell you a watch at full retail price, if you can find one, and you're supposed to feel lucky with parting with your hard earned cash that they let you give to them for the privilege of owning one. Screw that.

Guess what, I made some good coin on flipping my 6 digit SS models to those who see more value in them than I do, and I don't miss any of them.

Vintage Rolex sports models are lovely, but the market is way out of line with what you get for your money, driven by investors, rather than enthusiasts, and new SS models are just not as appealing to me, especially at or over msrp, and with having to go on a waitlist. I'm out, and I'm happy.

As for it appreciating, if you get out now, you'll have a good return on your initial investment. I'm not convinced it'll gain much more value in the next three to five years than what it is at right now.

Use all or part of the money you make from the sale and invest properly, rather than hanging on to the SD. It will be more rewarding and happen quicker than you may think. When the bubble bursts, and it will, even the MK1 dial SD50 is going to take a dive (pardon the pun).
              JP

They've done studies, you know. 60% of the time, it works every time.

Comment

Well, I didnít get it as an investment. I was supposed to just get it and never have to sell it. However, life happens and you sometimes have to make decisions that you donít like. I was told ďYouíll never be able to get another one if you sell itĒ. I didnít say anything to that statement, but feel if I ever wanted another Rolex Iíll find a way to save and get it- this is my third Sea Dweller. The one I most regret selling was my 1665 model (ďGreat WhiteĒ). Time will tell, I have not made up m mind yet.
                TKite,
                Hydronaut

I need a new watch

Comment

Well, I didnít get it as an investment. I was supposed to just get it and never have to sell it. However, life happens and you sometimes have to make decisions that you donít like. I was told ďYouíll never be able to get another one if you sell itĒ. I didnít say anything to that statement, but feel if I ever wanted another Rolex Iíll find a way to save and get it- this is my third Sea Dweller. The one I most regret selling was my 1665 model (ďGreat WhiteĒ). Time will tell, I have not made up m mind yet.
                  Well, you have to do what's best for your situation. From past experiences though when you really want a watch, a grail, and you have it but have to sell it, it is a painful thing: that and getting another one down the road is a PIA, with more money being shelled out over what you sold it for.

Comment

Originally posted by Kevin M View Post

Well, you have to do what's best for your situation. From past experiences though when you really want a watch, a grail, and you have it but have to sell it, it is a painful thing: that and getting another one down the road is a PIA, with more money being shelled out over what you sold it for.
                    Yeah.... But even if I cannot get another one like this, a new James Cameron green letter Deep Sea with 3235 movement would suffice
                    TKite,
                    Hydronaut

I need a new watch

Comment

I'd not sell the mark1 SD43. I still have Mark1 SD43 unworn fully sticker in the plastic coffin to go with my F-serial Kermit. I have reached a point where I don't wear many new watches I bought since I wear my Seiko Turtle PADI mostly in the past 2 years, a Rolex GMT-LN for special events.

Comment

Working...
                      X