Glycine on 4 spring bars and Waterborne

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Glycine on 4 spring bars and Waterborne

Ordered up 4 more 22mm spring bars - lucky I did I lost one in my bedroom somewhere as it went flying. Anyway, I got four 1.8mm thick, 22mm wide ss spring bars in and then put three in the Glycine. One of the new ones took off somewhere too. I might need a metal detector to start searching for watch pins at some point
    Strap is a 24mm, but at one time years ago I modified it to 22mm. It's a shame Waterborne is no more - very comfortable straps.

IMG_4986.jpg
    IMG_4990.JPG
    IMG_4989.JPG
    IMG_4993.jpg
    IMG_4991.jpg
    TKite,
    Hydronaut

I need a new watch

Looks good on that strap T, nice and secure too.

Comment

Yeah I kind of like the idea of being able to put 4 pins on this using the strap
      TKite,
      Hydronaut

I need a new watch

Comment

That thing just looks right!
        Cardigan American Princess Celeste says, "It's too quiet. You guys get up off your butts and start doing things."

Comment

Seriously confused here, I thought that watch was 36mm? It has 22mm lugs? Regardless it looks good!

Comment

Actually, it's 42mm and yes it has 22mm lugs. I ordered some new 1.8mm thick / 22mm spring bars up recently (stainless steel) so I could add the two extra spring bars.

I went to the Glycine website, and they have a lot of new cool vintage styles - check out the bottom of this page:

https://glycine-watch.ch/collection/airman/
            Last edited by TKite; 02-09-2019, 12:18 AM.
            TKite,
            Hydronaut

I need a new watch

Comment

Wow, that is a bunch of cool stuff. They do make some in a 36mm like the original.

Comment

Looks great, T - I love the look of NATOs and straps like them, but just don't like wearing them - wish I did though.

Comment

Originally posted by Mike D View Post
                  Looks great, T - I love the look of NATOs and straps like them, but just don't like wearing them - wish I did though.
                  The Super Sea Wolf was on this strap for a good while - modified it to 22mm just to fit it!
                  TKite,
                  Hydronaut

I need a new watch

Comment

IMG_5019.JPG

IMG_5020.JPG

TKite,
                    Hydronaut

I need a new watch

Comment

One thing's for sure. That watch ain't going nowhere! Nice job
                      JP

They've done studies, you know. 60% of the time, it works every time.

Comment

Yeah, just in case I get called to ride a Saturn V into space to the moon- g forces and all thwarted
                        TKite,
                        Hydronaut

I need a new watch

Comment

Having looked at the rest of the Airmen on the site, I have to say that model is still the best all around version Glycine makes.
                          Cardigan American Princess Celeste says, "It's too quiet. You guys get up off your butts and start doing things."

Comment

I would tend to agree George, but I could still go in for one of these - just about the same, but in what looks to be white:

GlycineWhite.png
                            TKite,
                            Hydronaut

I need a new watch

Comment

Working...
                            X