Greetings from Vancouver, Canada!

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Greetings from Vancouver, Canada!

Please allow me to introduce myself. My invitation to join "The League of Extraordinary Gentlemen" was very kindly extended to my by TKite. Time will no doubt determine that I am rather extraordinary , but I can't promise that you guys will ever see me as a gentleman! Anyway, being neither a Diver nor a Pilot, I still have a passion for watches, including both those types. I'm normally a very impulsive buyer, and that does get me into situations of flipping watches on a rather regular basis. And I tend to get obsessed with one brand in a very short space of time, then more or less lose interest, sell and move on to another brand. As I get older, however, I am concentrating more on taking time to consider my acquisitions, and doing my best to hang on to them. So far without much success, although things have improved.

I have always loved Rolex, that has been a constant. Currently, I have an Explorer 1 214270, with a SubC 114060 on the way. And I am in the midst of a love affair with Zenith, and now own three El Primero models. In addition to a few other assorted brands in my collection. But I won't go into further detail for now.

My latest acquisition is a Zenith Pilot Big Date Special. If you're interested, here is a link to a review that I did very recently:
    https://forums.watchuseek.com/f27/pi...l-4512497.html

Looking forward to joining all of you!

Cheers,
    Carl

Welcome!
    "So Many Watches / So Little Time"

Comment

Hi Carl and welcome aboard, that's a lovely piece.

Comment

Hello and welcome Carl. I hope you enjoy your time here.
        Solve all your doubts through question mode.

Comment

Welcome Aboard Carl ! Post away
          TKite,
          Hydronaut

I need a new watch

Comment

Welcome, Carl!
            I had a fascination with Zenith myself, several years ago. I had these two pieces below and, like you, moved on to other things and sold them.
            I probably regret selling the El Primero more than I regret most sales, but it was fun to own and I am OK being the 'former owner'--something I found hard to accept as a younger man.
            Glad to have you here!

Comment

Welcome, Carl!

Comment

Welcome, Carl! Chris, one of our long term members, has the same disease you do.

George
                Cardigan American Princess Celeste says, "It's too quiet. You guys get up off your butts and start doing things."

Comment

Thank You All for the warm welcome. I have a good feeling that I will enjoy my time here. I am on my way to an event, the grand opening of the new location of Palladio Jewellers, here in Vancouver. I acquired one of my most beautiful watches every from them, an H. Moser Endeavour Small Seconds. One that you may not have seen many posts of. It would be great to see some pics, though, if any of you do own one. Definitely a once-in-a-lifetime piece for me:

Cheers,
                  Carl

Comment

That's definitely a lovely piece. Of the group, it's quite possible someone has seen this, though I never have.
                    TKite,
                    Hydronaut

I need a new watch

Comment

Welcome, Carl!
                      JP

They've done studies, you know. 60% of the time, it works every time.

Comment

Originally posted by Carl View Post
                        Thank You All for the warm welcome. I have a good feeling that I will enjoy my time here. I am on my way to an event, the grand opening of the new location of Palladio Jewellers, here in Vancouver. I acquired one of my most beautiful watches every from them, an H. Moser Endeavour Small Seconds. One that you may not have seen many posts of. It would be great to see some pics, though, if any of you do own one. Definitely a once-in-a-lifetime piece for me:

Cheers,
                        Carl
                        Oh, you've got me now. I love Mosers! I don't think I've ever seen one from an owner.
                        Solve all your doubts through question mode.

Comment

Welcome aboard Carl. We are an eclectic group with eclectic tastes. You should fit right in. I have never looked at a Moser, that is a fine looking watch!

Comment

Welcome aboard! Fine collection you have there!

Comment

Working...
                            X