Hamilton + Lemania

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hamilton + Lemania

I just bought something I hope will arrive in a week or so from Europe. I've asked Roland what he knows about this, as it may have been produced when he worked for Hamilton, but I wonder if anyone here has any info. It's a Khaki chronograph with a Lemania 283 (chrono module on an ETA 2892) which I believe is now made by Dubois-Depraz.
    I'm unsure of the exact age of it...I'll do a bit more research. Unfortunately, in the seller's photos, the reference number on the case back is obscured. Update from seller: B1772

Cheers,
    Brad
    Last edited by Watch Carefully; 02-06-2019, 09:03 AM.

I wonder if they submitted these to NASA when they were checking into a watch for the space program.
    TKite,
    Hydronaut

I need a new watch

Comment

Congrats - looks clean and in great shape.

Comment

Looks very nice and clean, even the gasket looks good.
        A lot of extra jewels too.
        Congratulations.

Comment

Roland did get back to me with some interesting history of this model. It was made while he worked for Hamilton, but production wasn't in Lancaster.
          I'll share when I've confirmed some additional details...
          Last edited by Watch Carefully; 02-07-2019, 09:31 AM.

Comment

SO, it arrived very quickly from Albania, of all places...bought on Tuesday, arrived on Friday! Good service.
            And it's in great condition. Legibility is kinda poor--gold hands on a parchment dial--but maybe black hands will solve that easily.
            It's pretty thin and compact for a chronograph. I put it on a modern Accutron bracelet I have which is much like the Staib mesh bracelets.
            I like the retro vibe:

Comment

Yeah I never understood putting non-contrasting hands on a supposed tool watch. Breitling does it all the time, which makes no sense.
              TKite,
              Hydronaut

I need a new watch

Comment

Congratulations Brad, nice pick up and it looks great on that mesh bracelet. There appears to be a lens under the dial to magnify the date, if so, that's a neat solution, so many people don't like a Cyclops.

Comment

Yeah it's a looker. Maybe a chocolate brown leather strap on it....
                  TKite,
                  Hydronaut

I need a new watch

Comment

Thanks for the positive comments, fellas.

There appears to be a lens under the dial to magnify the date, if so, that's a neat solution, so many people don't like a Cyclops.
                    You're right Tim. Because this is a modular chrono, the designers could use the base caliber's date wheel. They did so, and provided a magnifier built into the chronograph module, so there is no need for one integrated with the crystal.

Originally posted by TKite View Post
                    Yeah it's a looker. Maybe a chocolate brown leather strap on it....
                    I think you're right, T.
                    I may try to find a nice rich, deep brown. It came on a so-so medium brown strap of the bargain type I've been known to put on a watch head for photos and sale.
                    Last edited by Watch Carefully; 02-11-2019, 04:36 PM.

Comment

Nice to see something a little different. Good find and in great condition.
                      JP

They've done studies, you know. 60% of the time, it works every time.

Comment

Looks great - I agree on the brown strap idea - one with white stitching would look killer.

Comment

I believe this strap was made by Shane Delaurean - not sure if he's still around. It's worn out now, but it was pretty awesome for a number of years.

photo 1.JPG
                          TKite,
                          Hydronaut

I need a new watch

Comment

Shane is around, I believe. Don't think he posts on forums anymore. Haven't communicated with him in a while though. His straps are the best - I have one, but just don't wear leather much as I am a bracelet fan.

Comment

Working...
                            X