Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

It's cold. Very cold.

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • It's cold. Very cold.

    Happy Sunday, everyone!

    -36 Celsius with the wind chill here today. That's about the same in Fahrenheit.

    Just finished walking the dog. He was getting twitchy so I bundled up and strapped on the SMP chrono and went out.

    After about 25 minutes or so, even my dog had enough of that and started pulling me home.

    Enjoy the game,

    JP

    JP

    They've done studies, you know. 60% of the time, it works every time.

  • #2
    Wow, that is cold! I think 25 minutes is a pretty long walk at that temperature, you and your dog did well. Stay safe and warm. It's 29C here and this was my Sunday watch.

    Weekend.jpg

    Comment


    • #3
      That is too damned cold for me! It got down to -5 F here with a windchill of -15, so nowhere near that cold. Looking at T's Eco-Zilla made me caused me to pull this one out of the safe.

      Comment


      • #4
        A signed first edition I picked up a few years ago now. I was very lucky to find it at a book sale! A novel of diving and adventure.


        IMG_4973.jpg

        IMG_4881.JPG
        Last edited by TKite; 02-03-2019, 08:35 PM.
        TKite,
        Hydronaut

        I need a new watch

        Comment


        • #5
          A balmy 68 degrees here today. No watch, just fitness tracker today, which a guy my age made fun of after I teased him about being a millennial because he used a card to pay a $4.50 bill. (Millennial do not carry cash, some of those of us who are parents of them find this rather puzzling.) I really love that Speedy JP.

          Comment


          • #6
            I'm not a millenial fan. Entitled, self centered, not really in touch with reality, that's most millenials. That said, it was 'warm' today in the 30s and 40s whereas it has dropped below 0 this past few days with wind chills of -18 and all. Not really too cold in my opinion, but cold enough to keep most inside.
            TKite,
            Hydronaut

            I need a new watch

            Comment


            • #7
              All of the above makes me happy that I live in the South, even if the average temperature here in Aiken for the last week has been around 50F. Having lived in an environment where military ops were conducted at 0 and below, I understand what everyone's talking abut when they say cold. I never want to do it again.
              Cardigan American Princess Celeste says, "It's too quiet. You guys get up off your butts and start doing things."

              Comment


              • #8
                Originally posted by JP(Canada) View Post
                Happy Sunday, everyone!

                -36 Celsius with the wind chill here today. That's about the same in Fahrenheit.

                Just finished walking the dog. He was getting twitchy so I bundled up and strapped on the SMP chrono and went out.

                After about 25 minutes or so, even my dog had enough of that and started pulling me home.

                Enjoy the game,

                JP

                Local weather is calling for -52 C, counting the windchill, for Thursday morning. That's almost -62 F.

                Solve all your doubts through question mode.

                Comment


                • #9
                  You guys ought to come down and climb Mount Washington here in New England (New Hampshire), in January / February sometime. Gets to -80F with windchill up there and wind gusts around 100 mph sometimes on average. Woo hoo
                  TKite,
                  Hydronaut

                  I need a new watch

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    Originally posted by TKite View Post
                    You guys ought to come down and climb Mount Washington here in New England (New Hampshire), in January / February sometime. Gets to -80F with windchill up there and wind gusts around 100 mph sometimes on average. Woo hoo
                    I drove up Mount Washington once. And only once. White knuckles the whole way up. Not a fan of heights.

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      I've climbed Mt. Washington, and also driven it. Never took the train up though, that's pretty expensive. Driving up is a bit nerve wracking at times because there's not a lot of room for two cars side by side
                      TKite,
                      Hydronaut

                      I need a new watch

                      Comment


                      • #12
                        I always get a kick out of how the buildings are chained down at the top because
                        of the wind.

                        I hiked it most recently 2 years ago.

                        If the sign is correct...they have the highest winds on record anywhere at the top.

                        Kurt

                        "So Many Watches / So Little Time"

                        Comment


                        • #13
                          Yes they have measured the highest winds on the planet up there. The older buildings are chained I recall, but I believe the newer ones are not - I can hardly wait to go back up
                          TKite,
                          Hydronaut

                          I need a new watch

                          Comment


                          • #14
                            Originally posted by TKite View Post
                            I've climbed Mt. Washington, and also driven it. Never took the train up though, that's pretty expensive. Driving up is a bit nerve wracking at times because there's not a lot of room for two cars side by side
                            Yeah, and no guard rails either. We did get that bumpersticker though. I put it on my son's toy car (the pedal kind) those years ago

                            Comment


                            • #15
                              I have that sticker somewhere in a box
                              TKite,
                              Hydronaut

                              I need a new watch

                              Comment

                              Working...
                              X