Looking forward to Monday's Post

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Looking forward to Monday's Post

I've been a bit of a fan of orange dials going back to the 80's when my brother in law owned a Tag with one and more recently when I saw some Doxas right here, but I've never owned one......until now. I spotted these on the bay recently on sale from the local AD. I did a bit of research which suggested that, in general, the people who owned them were pretty happy with them. I think they've been making this model since 2010, they were at Basel-world in 2012 and they were discontinued last year, so I think that's plenty of time for problems to show up. This was the last orange one available in Australia and when the price dropped a further 10% for the last 2 days of January, I pulled the trigger, can't resist a bargain like that. It's a lot of watch for the equivalent of US$360 imo, and that included delivery. Seiko inside, sapphire crystal and bezel insert, solid link stainless bracelet with wetsuit extension, HEV , some serious lume and almost a mile of WR............might be time to do a dive course! Can't wait for Monday's post.

Screen Shot 2019-02-01 at 4.13.07 PM.png

deep-blue-pro-aqua-1500-lume-review.jpg

Congrats, Tim. Great looking diver. I've owned a Deep Blue and they are very solid and well made. I agree with you - can't beat that price and that dial color of orange is nice and deep.

Comment

Oh, Wow! Congratulations, Tim, you done good.
      Cardigan American Princess Celeste says, "It's too quiet. You guys get up off your butts and start doing things."

Comment

Now that's bright, and a great deal
        TKite,
        Hydronaut

I need a new watch

Comment

Nice one Tim. That's a seriously striking piece and that lume is immense.
          http://s145.photobucket.com/user/sco...deshow/Watches

Comment

Excellent pick up! The lume is truly amazing. Looking forward to more pics
            JP

They've done studies, you know. 60% of the time, it works every time.

Comment

Thanks Gentlemen, I'll definitely be posting some unboxing picks as soon as it arrives.

Comment

Well tomorrow is the day......
                TKite,
                Hydronaut

I need a new watch

Comment

Tomorrow is here, but unfortunately the watch didn't arrive till late afternoon and I had to dash off to the airport to pick up my daughter. Time was a bit tight so apologies for the standard of photos........But wait, don't worry about the standard of photos cause my internet is now running so slow that I think it'll take a week for them to upload, very frustrating, I'll try again tomorrow.

Ok, it's still a bit slow but the photos will upload now, so here we go.

The box is okay , more for show than serious protection though.
                  Box.jpg
                  open.jpg
                  Top.jpg .
                  Crown.jpg .
                  BL.jpg .
                  I thought I'd test out the lume so I put it full sun for literally 2 minutes and although my phone doesn't focus too well in low light you can see the result, the lume is crazy good.

Sun.jpg
                  Lume.jpg
                  Last edited by Tim.; 02-04-2019, 04:43 PM.

Comment

Looks awesome. I think that minute hand looks a bit familiar

Attached Files
                    TKite,
                    Hydronaut

I need a new watch

Comment

Originally posted by TKite View Post
                      Looks awesome. I think that minute hand looks a bit familiar
                      Indeed it does T. Some of their other models use Miyota movements, so it's possible they made an arrangement with Citizen to supply the hands too.
                      Last edited by Tim.; 02-04-2019, 11:29 PM.

Comment

Nice!
                        "So Many Watches / So Little Time"

Comment

Congrats - damned good looking diver!

Comment

Working...
                          X