Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Marathon revisit...my last buy in 2018

Hey all,

This was my last purchase of 2018, made on the 28th of December. I just couldn't resist this Amazon Canada purchase, but shipped from Marathon directly. The sale is still on, in Canada anyways. Nice to get one back in the stable.

Still as cool and purpose built as ever. These latest GSARs have a tritium seconds hand too now. 41mm...with maple leaf clasp, naturally

JP

They've done studies, you know. 60% of the time, it works every time.

Congrats, JP - love the GSARs, JSARs, TSARs, and most Marathon watches as they are tough as nails and, as you said, purpose built. My favorite is the JSAR due to the size. I've owned one of each and sold the others - kept the JSAR. Don't see a sale on the US Amazon.

Comment

Love it!

Very Cool.
      "So Many Watches / So Little Time"

Comment

Very nice pickup!

Comment

Always a great choice.
          Keith

Before you judge a man, walk a mile in his shoes; after that, who cares?! He's a mile away and you've got his shoes!

sigpic

Comment

Hi JP,
            could you give me the link to the Canadian sale.
            Thanks and cheers
            Peter

Comment

Honestly, my big favorite was the original SAR. I said then and I'll say it again... the SAR was what the Sub wold have become if Rolex still made tool watches.

George
              Cardigan American Princess Celeste says, "It's too quiet. You guys get up off your butts and start doing things."

Comment

I've always liked those excepting the crown seemed to be too elongated away from the case. Other than that, I like them.
                TKite,
                Hydronaut

I need a new watch

Comment

Originally posted by earloffarnborough View Post
                  Hi JP,
                  could you give me the link to the Canadian sale.
                  Thanks and cheers
                  Peter
                  Hi Peter. It's just on Amazon.ca. If you search 'marathon watch', it'll pop up along with other models and straps / bracelets. All in Canadian dollars.

JP

Comment

Thanks JP, just bought one there.

Comment

Love their products. I wear a Marathon field auto at night (or day depending on shift) to see the time when I'm snoozing. Don't want to oversleep for work! Should have never sold the GSAR I picked up last year. :(
                      Last edited by Kevin M; 01-10-2019, 04:37 AM.

Comment

Thanks JP, just bought one there.
                        Congratulations!
                        JP

Comment

Got my Marathon Wrist Dive Quartz medium yesterday and am quite disappointed: After 5 Hours of strong Spotlight the Tritium has absolutely no lume. Have contacted Marathon and am curious what they will Reply.

Comment

Got my Marathon Wrist Dive Quartz medium yesterday and am quite disappointed: After 5 Hours of strong Spotlight the Tritium has absolutely no lume. Have contacted Marathon and am curious what they will Reply.
                            Hi Peter, sorry to hear about this. Tritium doesn't require charging with light to glow, it relies on radioluminescence i.e. You can't recharge it with light, it glows because it's radioactivity excites the phosphorous coating inside the tubes . Tritium will generally be good for about 12 years and then gradually fade out, if it's not glowing, it's past the use by date and they should replace it, no questions asked.
                            Last edited by Tim.; 01-15-2019, 04:46 PM.

Comment

Working...
                            X