Incoming - got my own Christmas presents! :D

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Incoming - got my own Christmas presents! :D

Picked up a new Bulova Lunar Pilot Chronograph with bracelet for about $300 on Amazon. I've wanted one of these since first seeing them - would love an Omega Speedmaster, but prices have risen big time on those to well over $2K for the larger models. So, this may scratch that itch cheaply.

Next up is an Alpina Seastrong Dive Quartz Chronograph. Did a bid snipe on an ebay auction and won it for $265 shipped. Can't find any of these anywhere for under $400, so we'll see how it looks when it arrives.

Congrats Mike, 2 great finds at bargain prices. Love the date on that Alpine, no need for a Cyclops there. What's the WR on the Bulova?

Comment

Thanks, Tim. The Bulova has a 50m WR - not much, but ok for that type of watch.

Comment

Two excellent acquisition. Congrats!
        I've been tempted by that Bulova a few times. I'll be interested to learn your opinion of it.
        Brad
        Last edited by Watch Carefully; 12-05-2018, 12:03 PM.
        Time is Money, except on Dark Side of the Moon

Comment

What Brad said! Congrats and a review on the Bulova please?

Comment

Thanks guys! Will do a review on it for sure.

Comment

Two winners Mike!

Congratulations

Kurt
              "So Many Watches / So Little Time"

Comment

Thanks, Kurt!

Comment

Haha I want to get MY OWN Christmas presents!
                  TKite,
                  Hydronaut

I need a new watch

Comment

Originally posted by TKite View Post
                    Haha I want to get MY OWN Christmas presents!
                    It's funny - my wife asked me what I wanted - I really don't need anything and didn't want to send her something to get me that was too expensive. So, I sent the Bulova to her to get via Amazon for $303 shipped. She bought it, but I chose it. Then, I snagged the Alpina for $265 shipped and will tell her she can give me that as a stocking stuffer.

Comment

I'm not asking for anything this year. Everything I like is expensive, so I don't feel like asking for anything. Wear your new 'presents' in health
                      TKite,
                      Hydronaut

I need a new watch

Comment

Thanks T - I am sure I will. A lot of what I like is expensive too. I still want a vintage PloProf 600m and a B&M Capeland XXL, a Speedmaster and probably some others. Luckily for me, I like some less expensive watches too.

It's funny - I can buy a bunch of $300-$400 watches that add up to $1500 without discussing with the wife, but to buy 1 watch that costs $1500, I wouldn't do without clearing it with my wife. I know I can sell a number of the cheaper watches to fund the more expensive ones - consolidation, but I guess I don't want the others so much to do that. Crazy, I know.

Comment

I still have the Capeland in the box. I never relisted after the WUS laugh-a-thon. Let me know if you are interested and if I still have it I'll let you know.
                          TKite,
                          Hydronaut

I need a new watch

Comment

Great stuff! Love the look of that Bulova. Congrats!
                            JP

They've done studies, you know. 60% of the time, it works every time.

Comment

Got the Alpina today - tried it on and put it away for Christmas. This watch is like new. Love it and can't believe I got it for $265 shipped! Can't find it anywhere for under $471.

Comment

Working...
                              X