Another "which would you choose?"

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Another "which would you choose?"

OK, I've had my eye on a Pelagos for a bit. I love titanium. If every watch I had were in Ti I could be very happy with that. Now which one, the Pelagos or the Omega PO in Ti 42mm? (which can still be found in the wild)

https://www.omegawatches.com/en-us/w...23290422103001

Curious to hear everyone's thoughts.

I'd go Pelagos because I like the look better and the cost seems to be less than the PO.

Comment

Can I offer another (Omega) option? The Seamaster 300m co-axial in titanium. I've seen one in the flesh, great blue color, perhaps the best looking diver I've seen, and being titanium and fitted with a co-axial movement comparable to any other 300m diver out there.

Comment

I'm not going to dog on Omega, so I will just say get the Tudor
        TKite,
        Hydronaut

I need a new watch

Comment

The Seamaster is a fine looking dive watch, and personally, I prefer that blue to the Pelagos blue. I don't know how they compare for accuracy or reliability but they both have in house chronometer movements. The Omega has an extra 100M of WR but comes in at a hefty premium. So if WR isn't an issue and money is no barrier, I guess it comes down to which one you want to look down and see on your wrist. The Pelagos has a very stripped down simple no nonsense look as opposed to the slightly more busy, polished, extra "bells and whistles" (well, crown anyway) appearance of the Seamaster. If it was me and I couldn't have both, I think I'd be less likely to tire of the Pelagos (the black, not the blue).
          Last edited by Tim.; 12-05-2018, 01:35 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by mosswood View Post
            Can I offer another (Omega) option? The Seamaster 300m co-axial in titanium. I've seen one in the flesh, great blue color, perhaps the best looking diver I've seen, and being titanium and fitted with a co-axial movement comparable to any other 300m diver out there.
            This one... (?)

https://www.watchtime.com/blog/monoc...ster-co-axial/

I like it but I don't know well enough to buy one. I have to say I love those Omega lugs on the PO, and I've always looked at the PO line. They seem to have phased out the Ti models so I figured getting one now would be a good idea.

Comment

I am not a fan of Europe's titanium, compared to the way Japanese make theirs more scratch resistant but I would go with Omega.

Comment

I've lost the page, but I do remember reading that Omega uses a higher grade Ti for the PO, and it is unknown on the Pelagos. Grades don't concern me too much but I do have a few Citizen watches that are close to 20 yrs old and look as new because of the Duratect coating.

I was looking at lume shots today on both the Pelagos and the PO. Both glow like torches, however I have to say the Pelagos wins in legibility since it is easy to see at a glance (or when sleepy) the differences in markers. No mistaking that huge triangle at the 12 position. Kinda like this old Seiko diver (pic found via Goolge)

Comment

Working...
                X