Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Zodiac Super Sea Wolf, what's a good price?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Zodiac Super Sea Wolf, what's a good price?

The one with the crown at 3 and that amazing buzzsaw bezel. Anyone know what to expect for one in decent condition with box and papers?

They are pretty scarce now - don't see them much on sales forums. I would say if you get one in good shape with the leather kit, expect anywhere from $1800 to $2000. There are two styles of bracelets and accent colors - the newer style looks like this - with the reddish-orange writing and has more of a shell shaped bracelet link - this is mine that I bought from TKite.

The older style has more yellowish-orange writing and a more Tag Heuer SuperPro style bracelet - here's mine that I bought from Bill Bartlett - that I sold a long time ago.

You can find the older and newer versions without the kit for around $1000 to $1500 in decent shape. Cool vintage diver for sure.

Comment

Thank you! I initially check ebay for these things but there aren't many listings for the vintage models, just the modern models. I think that the vintage models have better appeal.

Comment

A reissue of this one would be so nice!

Comment

Originally posted by Serafin View Post
          I agree!

Comment

Originally posted by Serafin View Post
            I'd be for that too, this one has also caught my eye. When it comes to Zodiac though I like their vintage stuff before whatever fashion brand took it over and borrowed on the brands heritage. :( They could do a re-issue really well but some of the other watches I've seen from them looked like they were hand painted by a kindergarten class.
            Last edited by Kevin M; 12-05-2018, 09:15 PM.

Comment

Comment

An example of what I mean by hand painted by a kindergarten class. And this from a man who wears a Doxa Pro frequently

Comment

That's pretty ugly - I don't care for their re-issues too much so far.

Comment

That one I sold Mike is a tank, and so much nicer than the earlier versions in my opinion.
                    TKite,
                    Hydronaut

I need a new watch

Comment

I had the buzz saw, as well as the predecessor Super Seawolf similar to their current re-issue. Like T says the buzz saw was a tank. It was very similar to, almost interchangeable with the Heuer 1000m (a friend had one): same case, great basic design. I guess they just didn't sell.

On the re-issues of the Seawolf, I like the funky color. But then I came of age in the early 70's when there was a lot a funky colored watches.

Comment

Yep, the SSW and the Tag SuperPro are very similar. At one point, I had both - twice because I had both - sold them both - then bought them both again. Here are some pics of mine:

First ones - both I sold - kept the SD

Still have the SD and this SSW from TKite - sold the SuperPro

I like funky colors and grew up in the late '60s and early '70s too. I just don't care for that particular combination, but some of the others are cool.

Comment

I had the Tag Super Pro, and sold it - the crown was loose and I couldn't deal with that on a 'professional' watch. Next up was a Sea Dweller, then sold that, then the SSW, then sold that to Mike. Now I am back with a Sea Dweller (3rd one), and not selling it that I can see.
                          TKite,
                          Hydronaut

I need a new watch

Comment

I think one thing I love about all of these watches (Tag, SSW and the SD) is that the crowns are beefy and super protected. Seems like a lot of thought went into designing them for their intended purpose

Comment

Well they are all designed for commercial diving. The guy who designed the Heuer Super Pro also designed the Super Seawolf according to a talk I had with zodiac years ago.
                              TKite,
                              Hydronaut

I need a new watch

Comment

Working...
                              X