Replacement part for Cartier Pasha band

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Replacement part for Cartier Pasha band

I am looking for the stainless steel part that both sides of my Pasha band clip into. Watch is 20 years old and the edges are dull and one side is frequently coming unclipped. Looks like it's just a couple tiny screws and I could replace it myself but of course Cartier doesn't sell the part and I don't wan to ship it out for this.

Bob,

Could you post a picture of the part in question? That could help us.

On another subject, are you any relation to C.F. Eckhart the Western writer?

George
    Cardigan American Princess Celeste says, "It's too quiet. You guys get up off your butts and start doing things."

Comment

thanks for getting back to me, george, and sorry i didn't post the photo the first time. it should be attached now. it's a silly little part and i resent that cartier thinks nothing of advising me to ship my watch to them. silly. i got this watch as a gift, and i love it, but i would certainly never advise buying one unless you lived in NYC, close to the "castle"...hahaha

IMG_4862.jpg

ps. i'm not related to CF Eckhart or Meister Eckhart but i wish i were...

Comment

Actually, that's not a silly little part. It's basically the heart of the double deployant clasp. However, fom what you aer saying, it might be that the little metal piece on one of the end links, the part that actually clips over the rail on that central bridge, is either worn or slightly bent loose. Take a look at it, you might be able to bend it back. In eithe case, I suspect you really need an end link instead of that bridge piece.

C.F. Eckhart, Charley Eckhart, was one of my oldest friends before he passed several years ago. He got me started writing again in 77.

George
        Cardigan American Princess Celeste says, "It's too quiet. You guys get up off your butts and start doing things."

Comment

thanks, george. i'll take another look at this situation given your expert advice. to tell the truth, this problem started months ago, but i was able to somewhat "flatten" the curvature of the central bridge, hence lengthening it, and that was a useful stopgap. but now it is releasing often when i don't want it to so i need to "fix" it again...

btw, that's an amazing story about CF Eckhart and i'm glad he inspired you to start writing again. if you've got any writing online, i'd love to read it.

Comment

Look for me on Amazon Kindle, Bob.

Expert advice I don't got. Just a thought or two that you might need a link and not the bridge. By flattening the bridge, you reduced the pressure on the clasp, but what part is wearing is still wearing and will eventually give permanently. You might look for another end link or a compatible bracelet on Ebay. Actually, if it was me, I'd temporarily retire the bracelet (you never know when it will give again) and get a good quality strap. Since that appears to be a sports model, I'd look for a black heavy canvas or kevlar strap. Both of those look good and wear well.

George

Comment

Here's an aftermarket bracelet for the Pasha - you might be able to either use it, or use parts from it to fix your original. Good luck.
              https://www.ebay.com/itm/18MM-WATCH-...frcectupt=true

Comment

I also found a genuine Pasha bracelet for parts for $199 and $17 shipping - the clasp looks good - assuming you have the 18mm bracelet.

Comment

Originally posted by Mike D View Post
                  I also found a genuine Pasha bracelet for parts for $199 and $17 shipping - the clasp looks good - assuming you have the 18mm bracelet.
                  thanks a lot, MIke D....i really appreciate you finding that for me!

Comment

No problem, Bob - hope it helps.

Comment

Working...
                    X