Kurt
    "So Many Watches / So Little Time"

Sweet chrono, Kurt - I'll play too.

Comment

Nice Mike! You have two of these right?

Kurt

Comment

I picked up the Pontvs Hydra first and then the Nessi.

Comment

Nice, I like them both!

Comment

Hey there Kurt and Mike, I'll join in if I may, great watches, I'd love to see a close up of the guilloche on that Bedat. As you would imagine we're all looking on with some interest at the results of this mid-term. It's good to see a big voter turn out, great for the democratic process. I hope it bodes well for all my forum friends in the USA. I'm wearing an Alpine series Rado produced at roughly this time of year back in 1973, what a different world we lived in back then! Apart from a nicely decorated ETA 2824 the Alpines also featured various unusual internally faceted acrylic crystals, easily scratched but also easily polished.

20181107_112552.jpg
            Last edited by Tim.; 11-07-2018, 05:03 AM.

Comment

Very cool vintage Rado, Love the faceted crystal and chunky markers. I've never owned a Rado, but I may have to give one a go in the near future. They do make some nice divers too.

Comment

Very nice Rado. The Bedat has no guilloche. The dial is a
                very deep translucent blue.

Comment

Originally posted by kurt48 View Post
                  Very nice Rado. The Bedat has no guilloche. The dial is a
                  very deep translucent blue.
                  Thanks Kurt. What I mean is, the underlying pattern that we can see on the top rhs of the dial in that first photo.

Comment

Thanks, it must be the lighting, there is no guilloche.

Comment

Coming late to the party. Only gave the returns a passing glance. However, I was wearing this one and still am: a Watchco SM300. Movement has a few quirks, but it runs well after setting.

George

SM300-2.jpg
                      Cardigan American Princess Celeste says, "It's too quiet. You guys get up off your butts and start doing things."

Comment

Nice, George - wishing I had bought a few of those when the prices were more reasonable - now, they seem to have gone up significantly.

Comment

Since Watchco went out of business, prices have skyrocketed. I was very lucky on this one, otherwise I couldn't have afforded it either.
                          Cardigan American Princess Celeste says, "It's too quiet. You guys get up off your butts and start doing things."

Comment

Working...
                          X