Sink or Swim - US-built watches from Weiss

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Sink or Swim - US-built watches from Weiss

I've only recently become aware of this Los Angeles-based company founded by WOSTEP graduate Cameron Weiss. I think they make some cool pieces--I'll be interested to see how they grow and differentiate themselves. Here's a piece I find attractive...they build some of their own movements, one of which is akin to the Unitas 429X series.

Some info on the brand:
    https://weisswatchcompany.com/pages/about

I've contacted them to learn a bit more and will share any relevant info I can.
    Brad

Time is Money, except on Dark Side of the Moon

I like the movements but the dials and hands leave me cold.

Comment

+1.

Cameron cohosts an online weekly u-tube with two others covering
      a wide range of watch topics. I'm sure they're well made, but their look
      redefines the word 'BORING.'

Kurt

"So Many Watches / So Little Time"

Comment

Some versions look ok, but I do agree that, in general, the hands/dial combinations don't work for me. They certainly don't look like a $950 watch. Their strap prices are ridiculous too.

Comment

Originally posted by Mike D View Post
          Some versions look ok, but I do agree that, in general, the hands/dial combinations don't work for me. They certainly don't look like a $950 watch. Their strap prices are ridiculous too.
          The made in America one is 2000 grand.

I would have bought one if it had a screw down crown. I love the fact it is made in America but I got to have a screw down crown on my watches.

Comment

I like the dials, the hands, yeah "meh," seems the appropriate word.

Comment

Working...
            X