Another Seiko incoming.

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Another Seiko incoming.

I did say I wanted an AGS Flightmaster, but the price is prohibitive, and I think this is the next best thing. It still cost me more than my brand new Prospex chronograph, even though it's junk rated, but in the notes it said, ticks for a couple of seconds after being shaken, so it probably just needs to go for a nice long walk or maybe it needs a new Panasonic MT920 installed, I'm pretty hopeful it's going to be be okay . It's the 5M45 movement, GMT, titanium bracelet, monocoque case, and a sapphire crystal.
    P.S. A little about the history of this model in the YouTube clip below the photos.

N.B. The original 7 day power reserve, referred to in the clip, is due to the original capacitor ESU and is dramatically increased with the use of MT920 Li battery cells, bringing them more in line with the reserve quoted for the later 5M6X movements.

i-img900x1200-1536823982jlenqr7016.jpg
    i-img900x1200-1536823984bpethb7016.jpg

Last edited by Tim.; 09-21-2018, 10:41 PM.

Nice, I've always liked those - congrats!

Comment

Love that Landmaster, Tim! Congratulations!
      JP

They've done studies, you know. 60% of the time, it works every time.

Comment

Originally posted by Mike D View Post
        Nice, I've always liked those - congrats!
        Originally posted by JP(Canada) View Post
        Love that Landmaster, Tim! Congratulations!
        Many thanks Mike and JP, I'm really looking forward to it arriving. I'll probably give the bracelet and bezel a little tidy up and send it to my watchmaker for a replacement battery and pressure test. I'm sure this one's going to see plenty of wrist time this summer, both in and out of the water.

Comment

This watch arrived today, and as I expected it just needed a little exercise to get going. I've had it on for about half the day and it's showing 2 days charge atm, the sapphire is unmarked and there are as expected, a few scratches on the bezel and bracelet, nothing too bad though. The 24H hand is currently showing London DST and the leaf stuck behind the watch is showing I've just been in the yard mowing. It's interesting, this is the first watch I've owned with a compass bezel, it doesn't click, I guess it needs to be at a precise point rather than 1/120th of an hour. I will probably still send it to my watchmaker for new seals and a pressure test, so he might as well replace the battery at the same time, for now though, I'm pretty happy with it.

20181002_161637.jpg 20181002_173419 (1).jpg

Comment

Looks great to me - clean crystal and minor scratches, which if you wear your watches, you'd get anyway. Nice score.

Comment

Cool watch!

Comment

Thanks.

Comment

Working...
                X