Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Anyone remember Ikepod watches? They're back...

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Anyone remember Ikepod watches? They're back...

I've always loved the monocoque round cases of Ikepod watches. I've just never wanted to spend the money on one as, even now, they go for thousands of $ on ebay. Apparently, they've been purchased by some Ikepod fans. They focused on making the watches more affordable - manufactured in Hong Kong and using quartz movements. They're on kickstarter now offering discounts for pre-orders. Thinking of a Chronopod, but not sure yet.

Here's a good article for those interested: https://www.bloomberg.com/news/artic...-a-second-life

This is the kickstarter link: https://www.kickstarter.com/projects...ct&term=ikepod

Not for me and that name just makes me think of Ikea store. Now I want meatballs!

Comment

Now, that's funny!

Comment

Ipod.
        TKite,
        Hydronaut

I need a new watch

Comment

I hope that with the use of quartz movements they will be able to make the chronographs very slim and sleek. I've admired some of the old ones, and was willing to try one, if it could be obtained at the right price, but they were never inexpensive enough for me to take the plunge. It seems somewhat odd to keep the name and much of the initial design ethos but with a different designer.
          Time is Money, except on Dark Side of the Moon

Comment

I always wanted a "Seaslug", it'll be interesting to see if they reissue it.
            sigpic

Comment

I've always liked the old ones and wanted a Seaslug too - surprised if they don't re-release that one too. I am amazed at the prices on the used ones on ebay - crazy high. Their new designer, Emmanuel Gueit, is apparently the guy who designed the AP Royal Oak Offshore for what that's worth.

Comment

Originally posted by Mike D View Post
                I've always liked the old ones and wanted a Seaslug too - surprised if they don't re-release that one too. I am amazed at the prices on the used ones on ebay - crazy high. Their new designer, Emmanuel Gueit, is apparently the guy who designed the AP Royal Oak Offshore for what that's worth.
                After reading this I had a look at some Seaslugs (love that name for a diver!) and they're beautifully designed pieces, but alas the prices, as you say, are crazy high.

Comment

Working...
                X