Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

For those who think they have too many watches....

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• For those who think they have too many watches....

I wonder how many of us remember Kohei from back in the day when TZ was a fun place to go....

http://forums.timezone.com/index.php?t=msg&goto=3763171
    "So Many Watches / So Little Time"

Great Caesar's Ghost!!!
    Cardigan American Princess Celeste says, "It's too quiet. You guys get up off your butts and start doing things."

Comment

That's pretty amazing, I don't think I aspire to doing that , however, it is somewhat addictive, so you never know. We did have a valued long time member here by the name of Miles McKinney (Woodlands1) and I think he may have trumped Kohei, he only ever posted a photo of his collection briefly and edited it out soon after, perhaps over security concerns. Unfortunately he passed away last year, but when we had his memorial Friday thread, I posted his last year of Friday watch posts( you'll find it halfway down the page), 52 Fridays, 43 different watches and when I suggested that it may have been 10% of his collection, Henry said, having seen the photos of his collection, he thought it was more like a fraction of a percent. Alas we'll never get to see them.
      Last edited by Tim.; 09-15-2018, 04:37 AM.

Comment

I remember that - wow - now I don't think I have too many watches. Thanks, Kurt!

Comment

I remember it well. It's unforgettable and quite remarkable if you think about how much effort it would have taken to get to that point.
          JP

They've done studies, you know. 60% of the time, it works every time.

Comment

I am not sure my excess being dwarfed by someone else's excess should make me feel better... but I do!

Comment

Rajen who used to frequent this forum, and whom I had the pleasure of eating breakfast with and doing a couple of trades, had a pretty extensive collection. He got my old Sinn U2 which was a very nice watch.
              TKite,
              Hydronaut

I need a new watch

Comment

Thank goodness I don't have nearly that many but I can relate to those images with the various boxes, filled with steel and bubble wrap. I might have close to 150, but aspire to get down to about 5 total.

Comment

Working...
                X