George and Florence

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• George and Florence

I hope George has either driven away from his place, or has a Noah's Ark standing by. George don't dive.
    TKite,
    Hydronaut

I need a new watch

I was thinking of george when I watched the news this afternoon. Batten down the hatches George.
    Keith

Before you judge a man, walk a mile in his shoes; after that, who cares?! He's a mile away and you've got his shoes!

sigpic

Comment

Good luck to you and yours George, although I'm sure, being a soldier, you'll have made a plan and be well ahead of this situation, stay safe.

Tim.

Comment

Best wishes, George - stay high and dry.

Comment

It's actually headed about 150 miles north of us, guys. Doesn't mean it won't be a PITA, but the wind shouldn't get over about 50mph. Mostly rain. If the power goes out for more than a day, though, we're headed to south Georgia. Meanwhile, we're battening down the hatches. Got food. Got water. Got pissed this thing showed up during a very busy time for us.

Thanks for the thoughts, though. They are very appreciated. I hope they aren't needed. Will know in 48 hours.

George
          Cardigan American Princess Celeste says, "It's too quiet. You guys get up off your butts and start doing things."

Comment

Having grown up in New Orleans, I've been through a bunch of hurricanes. We never evacuated and always got lucky. Been away for 20+ years, so I wasn't there for Katrina, but my brother and other relatives down there were very glad they evacuated. I hope they aren't needed too, but it doesn't hurt to take precautions.

Comment

Stay safe George.

Regards,

Ren

Comment

Hold your breath and think kind thoughts. Florence is getting screwy. May have to book yet. Will let you guys know.

George
                Cardigan American Princess Celeste says, "It's too quiet. You guys get up off your butts and start doing things."

Comment

Was thinking of you too. This one seems to be dancing all over the place! Stay safe!

Comment

Stay safe george and God bless. Keep us posted.
                    sigpic

Comment

Stay safe, George!
                      "So Many Watches / So Little Time"

Comment

Well, guys, we dodged a bullet here. Florence was a Cat 1 when she came ashore and a tropical storm not long thereafter. We're on the south (mild) side of the storm so what we're currently getting as it wanders past about 100mi north of us is some heavy breeze and a farmer's rain. Huge difference from my last big hurricane. Having counted it up, I've been through at least ten major hurricanes in my life and a thousand-year flood. I'm getting too old for this.

George
                        Last edited by George W. Olney; 09-15-2018, 07:36 PM.

Comment

Glad to hear you came through ok George.
                          Last edited by Tim.; 09-15-2018, 06:24 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by George W. Olney View Post
                            It's actually headed about 150 miles north of us, guys. Doesn't mean it won't be a PITA, but the wind shouldn't get over about 50mph. Mostly rain. If the power goes out for more than a day, though, we're headed to south Georgia. Meanwhile, we're battening down the hatches. Got food. Got water. Got pissed this thing showed up during a very busy time for us.

Thanks for the thoughts, though. They are very appreciated. I hope they aren't needed. Will know in 48 hours.

George
                            Don't forget the pistol and the dog, George.
                            sigpic
                            Brandon (and Maddie, RIP)

Comment

We didn't, Brandon.

Comment

Working...
                              X