No announcement yet.

OT : College rings.....

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

College and high school rings are a big deal here, but I didn't get a college ring - I worked three jobs to put myself through college and didn't think the ring was worth the investment then. Wishing I had now though. I didn't go to any prestigious university, just University of New Orleans (UNO). I did get a nice class ring from my high school, Archbishop Rummel High School, and it looks like a college ring - it's larger than most high school rings, I think. Love that Masonic ring with the skull, T - very cool.

Comment

Yeah it says in latin around the skull & bones "What God has joined, death cannot separate". On the side is the square & compasses with "G" in the center. The other side is a triangle.
      TKite,
      Hydronaut

I need a new watch

Comment

I found mine tucked away in a box of miscellaneous knick knacks and do dads of historical significance to nobody. Mine does not have a lot of wear on it.

I am living the dream in Hawaii.

Comment

Only ring I have besides my wedding ring, which I don't wear on a daily basis, rings tend to bug me when I drive, is a large gold cameo ring from my uncle. I think I wore it once to a funeral, or wedding, I know what's the difference lol. Not a big ring person. They especially bug me when riding motorcycle or wearing gloves.
          Last edited by S.L.Dickinson; 08-15-2018, 04:30 PM.
          sigpic Let the music be your Master, will you heed the Master's call?

Comment

Without totally hijacking the thread I have always found the college spirit thing fascinating. Generally speaking it appears to be very important to my American friends and matters very little to us north of the border. A cultural thing I guess but school rings and alumni associations are very uncommon here.
            Keith

Before you judge a man, walk a mile in his shoes; after that, who cares?! He's a mile away and you've got his shoes!

sigpic

Comment

It's a power thing. Networking... change the world, take over the world.... Skull & Bones and all that stuff
              TKite,
              Hydronaut

I need a new watch

Comment

Working...
              X