Incoming - Nethuns Lava 500m Diver

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Incoming - Nethuns Lava 500m Diver

This was not a planned purchase, but I saw one for sale on WUS from a guy in Italy - I like the case, bezel and even the dial. Looks like a Vintage VDB to me, but a lot less $. The problem with the WUS sale was he's in Italy and wanted a bank wire transfer. Anyway, I went to their website and got one for about the same price, but brand new. Their price includes shipping worldwide. $420.

45mm width, 50,5mm long, and 24mm lugs,
    flat sapphire Crystal (3,5mm) with AR coating,
    light blue MOP dial with Super luminova indices on 2nd layer,
    steel bezel with 120 clicks, and black Ceramic insert with SL indexes,
    steel screw down crown at 4 o'clock, and HEV at 9 o'clock,
    24mm leather strap with steel buckle,
    and Seiko Automatic movement caliber NH35, with 24 Jewels, and 41 hours of power reserve

Can't wait to see it in the flesh - I'll post pics when it arrives - supposed to be 1-5 days.

I luv Nethuns micro-brand!! Soooo much watch for your buck! Look forward to the pics Mike!!
    Chris

Comment

There's a lot to like about that one Mike, it's a modern take on the turtle design, very refreshing.

Comment

Thanks guys - I even find myself liking the MOP dial as I believe it's tastefully done. I usually do not like those - they have other cool dial designs using meteorite, Damascus steel, stone and others. Looks like great value for the money - we'll see.

Comment

I think I am really digging the crown setup on this one too. Look forward to pictures!
          TKite,
          Hydronaut

I need a new watch

Comment

Found this video - looks even better than the website pics.

Last edited by Mike D; 08-10-2018, 03:47 PM.

Comment

Great looking watch I am surprised at the modest depth rating.
              TKite,
              Hydronaut

I need a new watch

Comment

Thanks - I'm sure they could have made it higher, but I think I'll be ok swimming and snorkeling. Actually, I'd probably not even get it wet if it has a leather strap. Thinking of a mesh when I get it.

Comment

Nice! Very nice. Great price, too.

George
                  Cardigan American Princess Celeste says, "It's too quiet. You guys get up off your butts and start doing things."

Comment

Thanks, George!

Comment

Got the Nethuns Lava yesterday. I must say, I am impressed with this watch, especially for the money = $420 shipped. Can't believe I'm saying this, but that MOP dial is amazing. Sometimes it looks like molten metal and at other angles it looks like the ocean - like you're looking through a porthole at the ocean. Love the lumed bezel shape and thickness. The watch is a beast - wears a bit larger than I expected, but I like that. The mesh I put on it is not wide enough as I need a 24mm, but I have one on order. Also looking at a 24mm hornback gator maybe. Anyway, I may have to try another Nethuns diver one day.

Comment

It's a beautifully executed piece Mike, from the packaging right on through, extremely good bang for buck.
                        Last edited by Tim.; 08-17-2018, 04:45 AM.

Comment

I like, a lot. The case is quite excellent, it reminds me of oh so many retro 70s cases which I love so. Not huge on mother of pearl but it works with this watch. well done...
                          sigpic Let the music be your Master, will you heed the Master's call?

Comment

Thanks - even the packaging was well done. Me too- I've laughed about watches like Bali Hai with the MOP dials, but this one is different and, for me, works.

Comment

Looks great, it is probably the ONLY watch with a MOP dial I have ever seen that I liked.
                              TKite,
                              Hydronaut

I need a new watch

Comment

Working...
                              X