Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

I wish these drop kicks would get a life!

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I wish these drop kicks would get a life!

I wish the drop kicks that post this-
    Screen Shot 2018-08-10 at 5.36.24 PM.png
    -nonsense on our forum would just get a life and realise that nobody here is ever going to buy any of the rubbish they're peddling. Most likely the only people to look at their posts will be the moderators who delete them.
    GO SOMEWHERE ELSE YOU'RE WASTING YOUR TIME, tekropasd.
    Last edited by Tim.; 08-10-2018, 05:32 AM.

I agree - very annoying

Comment

Well I'm a 'moderator', but the last time you reported spam to me, I found I could not ban anyone any longer. I find the title of 'Moderator' worthless unless I have the power to do anything. I think all 'Moderators' should be able to not only ban accounts, but IP addresses as well so we don't see this kind of crap again, but that's my opinion.
      TKite,
      Hydronaut

I need a new watch

Comment

Originally posted by TKite View Post
        Well I'm a 'moderator', but the last time you reported spam to me, I found I could not ban anyone any longer. I find the title of 'Moderator' worthless unless I have the power to do anything. I think all 'Moderators' should be able to not only ban accounts, but IP addresses as well so we don't see this kind of crap again, but that's my opinion.
        I agree, is Jaimie aware of this situation? Perhaps he'd be able to sort it.

Comment

Have you tried lately T? I couldn't ban anyone briefly and reportedly I am only supposed to have authority over at the Rado Foorum, but I can ban anyone anywhere. I cannot block the IP addresses though. The banning ia a bit of a funny procedure in that you have to reconfirm your password and then it will tell you you've selected an invalid node, or some such, but just go ban them again immediately and you will get another error message just for good measure. They are, however banned. In the case here today, I also sent Munir Ahmed, the man behind tekrpasd, a brief and blunt message.
          Solve all your doubts through question mode.

Comment

I think banning an account is a total waste of time. Because unless you can ban the IP, they can just create another dummy account using the same IP address and spam us again. Either we as Mods need to be trusted with the power to put the smack down permanently on these rogues, or else what is the point?

Actually, just being able to ban an account IS a waste of time - I was doing it left and right a few months back and it doesn't work. It's 'false power' to be able to ban an account - you have to be given the power to ban the IPs or else we are just idiots banning the same person over and over and over - it's a waste of time.
            TKite,
            Hydronaut

I need a new watch

Comment

I agree with you T - you mods should be able to ban IPs.

Comment

I think banning an account is a total waste of time. Because unless you can ban the IP, they can just create another dummy account using the same IP address and spam us again. Either we as Mods need to be trusted with the power to put the smack down permanently on these rogues, or else what is the point?

Actually, just being able to ban an account IS a waste of time - I was doing it left and right a few months back and it doesn't work. It's 'false power' to be able to ban an account - you have to be given the power to ban the IPs or else we are just idiots banning the same person over and over and over - it's a waste of time.
                Being able to ban the IP will go part of the way but a lot of these people will be using a VPN that may have 50 or more IP addresses available. It will slow them down though as they'll have to sort through which ones have been banned.

Comment

Originally posted by Tim. View Post

Being able to ban the IP will go part of the way but a lot of these people will be using a VPN that may have 50 or more IP addresses available. It will slow them down though as they'll have to sort through which ones have been banned.
                  Exactly this. This particular bunch from Pakistan Telecom have at least 50 IP addresses, possibly more.
                  Solve all your doubts through question mode.

Comment

Ok but eventually if you keep banning IP addresses, they will be stopped. If you just ban an account, they will continue forever because none of the IP addresses will be banned.
                    TKite,
                    Hydronaut

I need a new watch

Comment

Ok but eventually if you keep banning IP addresses, they will be stopped. If you just ban an account, they will continue forever because none of the IP addresses will be banned.
                      I agree , it's the only real weapon we have, and it's going to be a long process, but hopefully we'll become, "not worth the trouble" for them.

Comment

Working...
                      X