Incoming Seiko Solar Chronograph

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Incoming Seiko Solar Chronograph

I've been looking at these for quite a while. I was keen on the Padi and the blue Save the Ocean, but in the end I couldn't justify the extra $$$$ for what is essentially, exactly the same watch, so when I saw this black one come up today with a reduced price (seller's last one in stock), I couldn't resist.

Same model , not the actual watch.
    ssc015p1-1.jpg
    Last edited by Tim.; 08-06-2018, 07:59 AM.

Congrats, Tim! I've been tempted to get one of those too. Great looking dive chrono.

Comment

that one has been high on my list of temptations for some time now. I havenít seen it in person but from the specs it appears to be quite a beast.

Comment

I really like that one, have considered it myself a number of times, even gotten to the point of putting it into the cart to buy but never have yet. Never really gave solars a thought. Then I saw one that really sang to me. I had been looking for a black faced diver for a couple of years but nothing really called out to me until I saw this one. The one thing that really surprised me was when the battery is really low they start ticking 2 seconds at a time, it really looks odd lol. First time I saw it I thought it was broke until I read the instructions, come on, guys never read the instructions until forced to...

sigpic Let the music be your Master, will you heed the Master's call?

Comment

Can the 24 hour hand be set differently than the large hands so you can follow two different timezones (GMT)?
          TKite,
          Hydronaut

I need a new watch

Comment

I have also had my eye on that one for a while.
            I am living the dream in Hawaii.

Comment

Thanks Gents, really looking forward to this one being delivered, more photos then.

Originally posted by S.L.Dickinson View Post
              I really like that one, have considered it myself a number of times, even gotten to the point of putting it into the cart to buy but never have yet. Never really gave solars a thought. Then I saw one that really sang to me. I had been looking for a black faced diver for a couple of years but nothing really called out to me until I saw this one. The one thing that really surprised me was when the battery is really low they start ticking 2 seconds at a time, it really looks odd lol. First time I saw it I thought it was broke until I read the instructions, come on, guys never read the instructions until forced to...
              Hi Shannon, I have a Rado Accustar (ETA kinetic quartz) that does a 4 second tick when its battery is low. I bought it second hand and when it happened I had no manual to read and was quite sure it was broken. After about 5 minutes Googling I discovered all I had to do was give the crown a bit of winding to fix it, great relief!

Originally posted by TKite View Post
              Can the 24 hour hand be set differently than the large hands so you can follow two different timezones (GMT)?
              Hi T, I've looked at the manual on line and I can't see anything about being able to set the 24H hand, so unfortunately I suspect it's probably locked to the hour hand. If there's some way of tricking it into being a GMT, I'll let you know.

Comment

I think if that were able to be set separately it would increase their sales. I know I'd probably buy one if so.

Originally posted by Tim. View Post

Hi T, I've looked at the manual on line and I can't see anything about being able to set the 24H hand, so unfortunately I suspect it's probably locked to the hour hand. If there's some way of tricking it into being a GMT, I'll let you know.
                TKite,
                Hydronaut

I need a new watch

Comment

This one is calling me....

Comment

No, the 24 hr indicator is just that, not a 2nd timezone. But hey, for $240??

Comment

I have one, looks great, amazing bang for the buck. I am sure you will like it.

Comment

Originally posted by mosswood View Post
                        I have one, looks great, amazing bang for the buck. I am sure you will like it.
                        Thanks Jonathan, I can hardly wait to get my hands on it!

Comment

So this ended up taking a lot longer to land than I had expected because 2 days after I started this thread I received the following email.

0.png

I doubt very much that that they were looking forward to what I had to say, as you would imagine, I wasn't very happy with them. I suggested quite firmly that the time for "stringent checks" is before you put the item up for sale , not after you sell it! Anyway, the problem was to find another one at a reasonable price and unfortunately these black dial ones are a little thin on the ground, so in the end I found one at an AD in Hong Kong, and had to pay 10% duty to bring it home, anyway, it's here now, and I think it was worth the wait. So here's a few photos.

1.jpg

2.jpg

3 (1).jpg

4 (2).jpg
                          I thought my Black Monster was big but this is one is HUGE!.

5 (1).jpg
                          I'm very pleased with the finish for a watch at this price point.

6.jpg
                          And the obligatory lume shot.

7.jpg
                          Last edited by Tim.; 08-16-2018, 04:44 AM.

Comment

A fine looking piece Tim, enjoy and wear it in good health.
                            http://s145.photobucket.com/user/sco...deshow/Watches

Comment

It's a cool looking watch for sure
                              TKite,
                              Hydronaut

I need a new watch

Comment

Working...
                              X