I took George's Seiko for a hike

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I took George's Seiko for a hike

Having always admired this lightly modded Seiko of George's, I jumped at the chance a few months ago to purchase it. I replaced the strap which was tearing at the springbar end and here we are. My wife and I did 2 days of hiking in Jasper national park and the watch performed flawlessly of course.

And it handled a little down time also.

And on a side note, we took my wife's sporty Civic with the 6 speed manual through some nice mountain roads to get to where we needed to go.

Keith

Before you judge a man, walk a mile in his shoes; after that, who cares?! He's a mile away and you've got his shoes!

sigpic

Sporty car, George's Seiko, bear whistle, beautiful scenery, beverage, and wife! What else do you need? Looks like a great day, Keith!
    ​​​​​
    JP

They've done studies, you know. 60% of the time, it works every time.

Comment

I'm very glad the Seiko's found a home with someone that appreciates it, Keith! Beautiful country, too! As what amounts to a non-drinker, I'd ordinarily pass on the beer, but I might just break down and try one of those.

Oh, and tell your lady that I drive a 2016 top of the line Civic, although not one of the sporty R versions. Those weren't around when we got ours. It drives like a dream and I love being able to do a 1,000 mile trip at over 40mpg. Closest web photo I could find of ours:

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcRFxk2lPCcHG7710akMnlwDsOZo7gTGQRcX44W18xBR8CPPjSB-.jpg
      Cardigan American Princess Celeste says, "It's too quiet. You guys get up off your butts and start doing things."

Comment

Originally posted by George W. Olney View Post
        I'm very glad the Seiko's found a home with someone that appreciates it, Keith! Beautiful country, too! As what amounts to a non-drinker, I'd ordinarily pass on the beer, but I might just break down and try one of those.

Oh, and tell your lady that I drive a 2016 top of the line Civic, although not one of the sporty R versions. Those weren't around when we got ours. It drives like a dream and I love being able to do a 1,000 mile trip at over 40mpg. Closest web photo I could find of ours:

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcRFxk2lPCcHG7710akMnlwDsOZo7gTGQRcX44W18xBR8CPPjSB-.jpg
        Thanks George, that watch is truly a favorite.

Cindy's car is a 2015 Si. We really love the car, I appreciate the fact that she lets me drive it now and then.
        Keith

Before you judge a man, walk a mile in his shoes; after that, who cares?! He's a mile away and you've got his shoes!

sigpic

Comment

Beautiful area, looks like a great hiking adventure. That was always a favorite of mine of Georges also, very sweet watch.
          sigpic Let the music be your Master, will you heed the Master's call?

Comment

That's fantastic stuff, Keith. Thanks for sharing!
            My wife and daughter and I will be backpacking with 4 friends along a section of the AT in SW Virginia in a couple weeks.
            I expect hot temperatures and so may not even wear a watch (what does time matter on a backpacking trip?), but I have a replacement movement coming for my own modded Seiko, and so I'm contemplating bringing it along for the 9-10 days of mountain vacation and R&R we have planned post-hike.

This one's been on the sidelines for ages since the movement went on the fritz:

PS. Nice choice for the down-time. I hope to follow your lead!
            Time is Money, except on Dark Side of the Moon

Comment

The area looks beautiful. I need to go there before I am too old to go. The beer looked good too.

Comment

Working...
              X