Incoming...

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Incoming...

I'm very excited for the arrival of my first significant brand new watch in ages. It is limited-production and contains the rare 1940s Hamilton Grade 923 shown below (itself obtained as a loose movement and pictured re-cased temporarily, for protection, by yours truly). The movement has been restored and regulated and put into a very special context...

I'll share photos ASAP!!
    Brad

Time is Money, except on Dark Side of the Moon

Looking forward to seeing what the movement will go into! How big is that movement?

Comment

Wait...it's ready?
      Solve all your doubts through question mode.

Comment

Pocket watch? Sounds cool to me
        TKite,
        Hydronaut

I need a new watch

Comment

Is this the something special Roland's been building for you?
          Come on Brad, PHOTOS!!!!!

Comment

Yes, fellas, it's coming from Roland's shop. The movement is roughly 37mm diameter, so is suited to wristwatch use as well as pocket. This piece will have distinct elements of both, I daresay.
            No photos until it's here, I'm afraid--I got word that it is ready yesterday, so perhaps I'll have it tomorrow.

Comment

I am vicariously excited to see your new RGM.
              Solve all your doubts through question mode.

Comment

Awesome that it uses a vintage Hamilton movement, those things last forever.

Comment

Originally posted by Kevin M View Post
                  Awesome that it uses a vintage Hamilton movement, those things last forever.
                  Yes, thanks. I have one other modern watch using this grade of movement. It's a pretty rare one--fewer than 3500 were produced between 1937 and 1949. I'm sure there would have been many more, were it not for the need of Hamilton to be involved in production of war materiel.

Comment

Originally posted by Watch Carefully View Post
                    I'm very excited for the arrival of my first significant brand new watch in ages. It is limited-production and contains the rare 1940s Hamilton Grade 923 shown below (itself obtained as a loose movement and pictured re-cased temporarily, for protection, by yours truly). The movement has been restored and regulated and put into a very special context...

I'll share photos ASAP!!
                    Brad
                    Originally posted by Watch Carefully View Post

So, first off, it's amazing. Check out the nicely cleaned and serviced vintage movement:

And dig these lovely, thick leather straps:

Notice something unusual about the crown placement?

That's because this is RGM's new Ref. 222-RR, the one with the crown canted a bit to the center so that a Railroad-style boxcar dial can be arranged with the crown in the 12:00 position:

But, despite having all these excellent features, the most amazing thing is this...the dial is real fired enamel
                    Ooh, I am so psyched! Thanks Roland and RGM for the fantastic work (and for suggesting this use for my second Hamilton 923)!

Comment

Dang that's nice.
                      TKite,
                      Hydronaut

I need a new watch

Comment

How many can say they have a uniquely American made watch! That is so cool!

Comment

Home Run for sure!
                          "So Many Watches / So Little Time"

Comment

Oh My I must admit in full drool mode Here!!!!!What an elegant timepiece.Wear it in very good health.

Comment

Wow. That is killer!!!!!

Comment

Working...
                              X