Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Scuba tanks - Finally got all my stuff together for my set of twin tanks.

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Scuba tanks - Finally got all my stuff together for my set of twin tanks.

I went back and forth with a few gear setups on this set of twin tanks. It is tough to get some types of diving gear here in Hawaii, strange as it may seem. So after a complete change in direction I have my twin tanks all set to go. The setup is two Faber steel 50 cubic foot 2400 psi tanks and a Blue Steel dual DIN 200 bar manifold with Blue Steel bands. The rigging is Apeks WTX; harness, twin tank 45 pound lift wing, pockets and an OMS backplate. I put together a carry handle with nylon webbing and quick disconnect buckles. Regulators are a Scubapro Mark II EVO on the left to supply the wing inflator and the SPG, and for breathing a Poseidon Cyklon 5000 metal with 2 second stages.

I am living the dream in Hawaii.

Eclectic, and since whatever I would put together would also be eclectic, we are in the same boat haha
    TKite,
    Hydronaut

I need a new watch

Comment

I can't wait to get it in the water. My wife just got a new wing BC (aqualung Rogue), so we are going to the local dive shop to get in their pool and balance out with some weights. Then we will get some dive trips in. Unfortunately I just had a mole removed from my back and can't get the stiches wet for about 10 days. Then we are all in.

Comment

Very cool! I went to DIN couple years ago and will never go back to yoke.

Post some in-water pics!

Chris

Comment

Hey Vince you better check this out....

http://www.iflscience.com/environmen...-is-this-true/
          TKite,
          Hydronaut

I need a new watch

Comment

Originally posted by TKite View Post
            Hey Vince you better check this out....

http://www.iflscience.com/environmen...-is-this-true/
            There is the Green Sand beach down south that I have been to a couple of times. It is quite a hike and very secluded but the entire beach is Olivine green sand.

In the eruption area there are quite a few types of minerals raining down but none of it is good for you. Pele's hair is apparently falling in some places and is like fiberglass. This is all happening quite a ways from where I am and over two mountains, so other than some overcast looking days due to VOG we are not affected.

Comment

Originally posted by Chris View Post
              Very cool! I went to DIN couple years ago and will never go back to yoke.

Post some in-water pics!

Chris
              Yes, I think that the DIN regulator attachment is a lot nicer system than yokes. I have the yoke convertors for my regulators but all of them are DIN. I also have the yoke inserts for the tanks but will probably never use them. I will definitely get some pictures when I get it wet.

Comment

Din Regulators.

Comment

Working...
                X