Havent bought a new watch in 3 years.

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Havent bought a new watch in 3 years.

I do not know if it is just the feeling of being pretty much satisfied with what I have, or that my interests are changing, or it could be something else, but just really have not gotten that want to buy it feeling in a long time. The last watch I bought I believe was the solar Seiko diver, or maybe the cheap Timex chrono for a hunting watch. But since then have not even come close to buying anything. I seldom even find myself perusing the watch sales places I used to. Which does not mean I don't like seeing what others have gotten and admiring them but my own personal interest has seemed to wane. Conversely my firearms purchases have gone exactly the opposite, where I had bough little in probably 10 years I have gotten probably 6 in the past two.

Just an interesting observation.
    sigpic Let the music be your Master, will you heed the Master's call?

I know I went through that phase a few years ago. I even stopped visiting forums for a few years, with the rare stop in here or on WUS. I went on a bit of a buying spree after that, then have recently cooled off and will be still selling off the bulk of the collection/horde, and settling in with just a few key pieces. Now the trouble will be with firearms. Plan to get a couple of handguns in the next half year and hopefully go for what I want and not what I think will do. I made that mistake with watches many years ago

Comment

Watches, the ones most of us like, are somewhat pricey. That's why you don't see me purchasing watches all the time. I guess most of us here are just not millionaires or more 'Incoming' posts would be seen. Some people out there have money to burn and so they are always getting watches in. Some have the disease called 'flipping', which I have never had the inclination to do, but to each their own.

TKite,
      Hydronaut

I need a new watch

Comment

I think that's a key point in the watch world. Flipping, I've been there, done that and will likely do so for awhile. BUT(!!) I'm hoping to clear this mess out and get down to somewhere between 1 and 4 watches total. Not counting G-shocks

Comment

I did the same thing for a while and ended up buying a lot of firearms, but sold a lot when I moved here. For the last year I have concentrated on SCUBA gear more than anything else, which I had not purchased in many years prior to moving to Hawaii. For me at least these things go in cycles. Watches, Scuba, firearms, knives, TV and audio equipment, etc.
          I am living the dream in Hawaii.

Comment

I've become bored with all the micro brands lately. I like them, just not enough to plunk down cash on them. I am also not a flipper, but a keeper. I probably have >40 watches, but only really wear 10 or so regularly. I still want a vintage Ploprof, but that's a ways away.

The most recent watch I've bought was my Hamilton Pioneer, so not a dive watch. Just pulled the trigger on an Avier Statesman Chronograph, but that's not a diver either.

Comment

There's that onion crown that Kevin loves.....
              TKite,
              Hydronaut

I need a new watch

Comment

Originally posted by TKite View Post
                Yup. I wouldn't want this type of crown on any diver, but it's cool (for me) on pilot or field watches.

Comment

LOL! Yep, not for me but whatever floats yer boat . We all have our watch quirks
                  Last edited by Kevin M; 06-15-2018, 12:07 AM.

Comment

I have kinda gone the same way with my interests I had lost most interest in watches except maybe buying once a year. Had not bought a firearm in several years. And had a spike in liking upper end pocket knives and now they have all peaked at once and with a nice chunk of change saved I can only get one really nice thing and have to pick or maybe several cheaper ones of each. I have convinced myself I do not need more knives today, but tomorrow when I go on Instagram who knows? My interest in adding to my substantial firearms is probably more for the political situation and throwing a nose at the liberals to say screw you but with our current leader in office I have convinced myself not to blow 1500 to 2000 grand on another rifle or handgun right now because it's safe. SO NOW WHICH WATCH SHOULD I BUY!

Comment

I dunno.... I have a whole list of watches I'd like to have LOL
                      TKite,
                      Hydronaut

I need a new watch

Comment

I dunno.... I have a whole list of watches I'd like to have LOL
                        I'm currently at wanting 3 new watches, and keeping the whole collection to less than 6-7, and that's including Seikos and G-shocks.

Comment

Working...
                        X