What feature is a "no-go" for you?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What feature is a "no-go" for you?

Could be anything. Maybe it's two-tone watches? Non-sapphire crystal? Maybe dial numbers vs indices? I'll get the ball rolling with any watch that has lugs greater than 22mm. Heck I prefer most of mine 20mm and under. What about you?

Case size less than 40mm is about the only thing that I can think of, but I am sure more will come to me as the discussion goes on.
    I am living the dream in Hawaii.

Comment

Steel watch with a 44mm case, generally. I say that having two (I think) that size. Right now, I'm not into chronographs and I've never been into watches that are really gaudy (wild colors, etc).

George
      Cardigan American Princess Celeste says, "It's too quiet. You guys get up off your butts and start doing things."

Comment

No-Go on watches in general? I don't like watches that have cheap plating, or watches with roman numerals.
        TKite,
        Hydronaut

I need a new watch

Comment

I do not like watches over 42mm Diameter, they must have a good lume and a date (the bigger the better).
          Cheers !

Comment

Just no excuse for not having sapphire or ceramic bezel insert. And no excuse for not using sapphire crystal. Basically why I have lost all interest in Seiko, it seems many of the micro brands are doing what Seiko just won't.

Comment

1) Watch heads with lugs that won't allow the use of a normal strap. Can't go there.

2) Apple watches, or Smartwatch feature.

Guess I'm not that picky, because I can't think of anything else.

​​​​
              JP

They've done studies, you know. 60% of the time, it works every time.

Comment

Watches that look as if a high school sophomore was told to take the design aspects of 5 different brands and combine them. If you walk by the watch case in Costco you will notice such seems to be a large part of Invicta's design theory.

Comment

I said this about the 300m Marinemaster by Seiko for years. There is really no excuse - using cheaper materials and charging big prices. By contrast, the 1000m Marinemaster is worth what they ask for it - go figure.

Originally posted by Serafin View Post
                  Just no excuse for not having sapphire or ceramic bezel insert. And no excuse for not using sapphire crystal. Basically why I have lost all interest in Seiko, it seems many of the micro brands are doing what Seiko just won't.
                  TKite,
                  Hydronaut

I need a new watch

Comment

Watches smaller than 40mm here too. Also, dive watches with anemic crowns. Not a fan of smart watches either.

Comment

Yeah, I guess I am not real fond of very small crowns or fancy / gaudy decorations. And, although I own a couple of watches with this feature, I generally don't like specialized bracelet lugs that you can not put normal width straps on.
                      I am living the dream in Hawaii.

Comment

Mine change but @ the moment. No Quartz, no case less than 42mm and no greater than 46mm. No lugs less than 20mm or more than 24mm
                        Chris

Comment

I'm surprised no-one said precious jewels on dials or cases. That is about the only thing that would steer me clear.
                          Dan

"I don't know what's worse...a watch with no hands, or a hand with no watch"

Comment

Originally posted by golfboy View Post
                            I'm surprised no-one said precious jewels on dials or cases. That is about the only thing that would steer me clear.
                            I'm firmly of the opinion that jewels belong IN a watch, not on

Comment

Yeah the anemic crowns on some watches bugs me. The Orient Star I believe could use a beefier crown.
                              TKite,
                              Hydronaut

I need a new watch

Comment

Working...
                              X