SOTC - State of the Collection

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• SOTC - State of the Collection

I definitely need to trim down some of the redundancy here but these are the major pieces I currently own except for the Grand Seiko Titanium Diver which is out for overhaul.

I am living the dream in Hawaii.

Awesome collection. What model number is the first Sea Dweller there? Also, who makes the compass on the Seiko?
    TKite,
    Hydronaut

I need a new watch

Comment

When you trim down there are a couple that might interest me... but then I need to trim down a lot!

Comment

Congrats Vince, they're all such superb watches, I bet it's hard to know what to trim. I suppose there's some that you would never trim and you just work your way back from there.

Comment

Originally posted by TKite View Post
          Awesome collection. What model number is the first Sea Dweller there? Also, who makes the compass on the Seiko?
          The first SD4000 is a 116600 with the ceramic bezel which I bought new three years ago. And, of course, you know the second one is the new one. I will probably try to sell the 116600 model sometime soon.

The compass is made by PDW (Promethius Design Werx) and it came in two versions, Aluminum cased and T
          itanium. That one is Titanium. I am pretty sure that they don't make them any more, but if you are interested I am sure that I bought several of each; I just have to find them. They were a bit pricey and that might be tough to figure out. Let me know.
          Last edited by vjb.knife; 05-16-2018, 07:13 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by mosswood View Post
            When you trim down there are a couple that might interest me... but then I need to trim down a lot!
            Right now, I am thinking that I will sell the older model Rolex Seadweller, the Sinn U1000S, The Grand Seiko Diver ( when it returns from overhaul), and maybe the Baume & Mercier. They all are great watches, that I just don't wear very often.

Comment

Originally posted by Tim. View Post
              Congrats Vince, they're all such superb watches, I bet it's hard to know what to trim. I suppose there's some that you would never trim and you just work your way back from there.
              Yeah, the new model Seadweller is a real keeper as is the Seiko Marinemaster Darth Vader, and the Dreadnought Voyager, but the others are kind of possible to sell but I still like them a lot.

Comment

Wish I were a lucky lotto winner I'd take that SD4000 if I were. As to the compass in titanium, drop me a line if you find them.

Originally posted by vjb.knife View Post

The first SD4000 is a 116600 with the ceramic bezel which I bought new three years ago. And, of course, you know the second one is the new one. I will probably try to sell the 116600 model sometime soon.

The compass is made by PDW (Promethius Design Werx) and it came in two versions, Aluminum cased and T
                itanium. That one is Titanium. I am pretty sure that they don't make them any more, but if you are interested I am sure that I bought several of each; I just have to find them. They were a bit pricey and that might be tough to figure out. Let me know.
                TKite,
                Hydronaut

I need a new watch

Comment

Dreadnought. FTW!

Keith

Before you judge a man, walk a mile in his shoes; after that, who cares?! He's a mile away and you've got his shoes!

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by cdnwatchguy View Post
                    Dreadnought. FTW!

This watch is still available new from Time Factors at a very reasonable price, if you are interested. It is an awesome watch at a great price!

Comment

Working...
                    X