Finally replaced my Seiko Diver

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Finally replaced my Seiko Diver

This isn't what I initially set out to buy and I know Monsters aren't everyones cup of tea but I've been looking at this one for a while and it kinda grew on me. It's almost new so shouldn't give me any trouble, the guy bought it last year and has only worn it twice, to a funeral and a wedding! In any case for a little under US$200 with box and papers I couldn't say no and at that price I won't be afraid to use it as a tool. I'll just get a nice comfy Seiko rubber strap for it and keep the black ion coated bracelet for special occasions.

20180515_193027.jpg

20180515_185111_1526377337043 (1).jpg
    Last edited by Tim.; 05-15-2018, 06:49 PM.

[QUOTE=Tim.;n568589]This isn't what initially set out to buy and I know Monsters aren't everyones cup of tea but I've been looking at this one for a while and it kinda grew on me. It's almost new so shouldn't give me any trouble, the guy bought it last year and has only worn it twice, to a funeral and a wedding! In any case for a little under US$200 with box and papers I couldn't say no and at that price I won't be afraid to use it as a tool. I'll just get a nice comfy Seiko rubber strap for it and keep the black ion coated bracelet for special occasions.

Nice one Tim, that one will take a licking and keep on ticking for sure.

Comment

Good choice, Tim. I can't resist bargains at that price level either.
      Cardigan American Princess Celeste says, "It's too quiet. You guys get up off your butts and start doing things."

Comment

Great watch, Tim! Congrats!
        JP

They've done studies, you know. 60% of the time, it works every time.

Comment

Cannot ever go wrong with that
          TKite,
          Hydronaut

I need a new watch

Comment

Thanks gentlemen for the positive replies, I've just ordered 2 rubber straps for it, cause I figure it should last at least that long. Here's a gratuitous lume shot.

20180516_100640.jpg

Comment

Monsters are cool! I used to have 3 of them: Yellow, blue, and orange

Comment

Very cool! Since the Monsters have been largely discontinued the prices have been way out there. Good watch and a good deal

Comment

I have owned a couple of monsters over the years, great bang for the buck. Congrats.
                  Keith

Before you judge a man, walk a mile in his shoes; after that, who cares?! He's a mile away and you've got his shoes!

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by oldman2005 View Post
                    Monsters are cool! I used to have 3 of them: Yellow, blue, and orange
                    Originally posted by Kevin M View Post
                    Very cool! Since the Monsters have been largely discontinued the prices have been way out there. Good watch and a good deal
                    Originally posted by cdnwatchguy View Post
                    I have owned a couple of monsters over the years, great bang for the buck. Congrats.
                    Thanks gents, I might get a couple more myself if I can find another deal like this one. BTW I'm digging this new profile pic, very Heisenberg (Walter that is!).

Comment

Well, it's certainly an appropriate watch to wear to a funeral since it is all black. :-)
                      sigpic
                      Brandon (and Maddie, RIP)

Comment

Working...
                      X