Dilemma, give me your input...

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Dilemma, give me your input...

Lately I have been thinking of going for a new Tudor Pelagos in blue. Should I go for that or spend a bit more and go for a gently used early 2000's SeaDweller? Size doesn't matter, though I do have a soft spot for the titanium case and that spring clasp on the Tudor. SD is a classic though. Thoughts?

I'd go for the Sea Dweller.
    TKite,
    Hydronaut

I need a new watch

Comment

I'm thinking that too. And by "a bit" I know an extra 2ish grand isn't just a bit My luck, I'll end up owning both!

Comment

Originally posted by Kevin M View Post
        My luck, I'll end up owning both!
        That's the solution right there.

Comment

The Tudor is a bargain for what you get. It's an amazing watch. I'd be leaning slightly toward the SD, beacause it'll suit most occasions better, just in terms of esthetics. Though one.
          JP

They've done studies, you know. 60% of the time, it works every time.

Comment

You have to go with what is really calling you, because anything else is just 'settling', and you will still want the one you didn't get. I 'settled' before a very long time ago and didn't get the Sea Dweller (I was coughing on the price then, decades ago). I got another dive watch, and though I liked it a lot and used it a lot, I still wanted the Sea Dweller. So that's what can happen if you aren't careful, you will buy the cheaper one, still want the other, and will either sell the cheaper one, or save and still get the more expensive of the two. Then it will just cost you more in the long run.
            TKite,
            Hydronaut

I need a new watch

Comment

T's right. Although I far prefer the Pelagos to the SD (and last time I checked they can be had for half the money of an SD - not a small factor), I agree you should go with the one that calls you. Personally, I like the weight of the titanium case, the fully lumed bezel, the easy to adjust clasp, and everything else about the Pelagos. I haven't been a fan of Sub styled watches since after I sold mine in the 70s. But, as has often been said, YMMV.

George
              Cardigan American Princess Celeste says, "It's too quiet. You guys get up off your butts and start doing things."

Comment

I like the Pelagos too, but the Sea-Dweller is my favorite diver. I never wanted any other sub, but the SD. I think you're just gonna have to get both.

Comment

Originally posted by TKite View Post
                  I'd go for the Sea Dweller.
                  Same here

Comment

Originally posted by oldman2005 View Post

Same here
                    Agree.

Comment

Thanks guys, I think that is the way to go. I've done this in the past. I go and buy something really close, but it isn't exact what I want. Now, that is nothing against the Pelagos, I think it is an amazing watch in it's own right and I still want it too. Ugh, might be both!! LOL!

Comment

Working...
                      X