No announcement yet.

But it doesn't have a kitchen sink! ;)

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• But it doesn't have a kitchen sink! ;)

I love G-shocks. I like having an adequate alarm and countdown timer at times. I like having a set-and-forget watch that will handle any abuse. This one I think might be beyond me though! Cool they can squeeze so much tech in such a small space

https://www.g-central.com/g-shock-ra...gation-system/

I remember carrying the old USGS maps on week long hikes. This new technology would have made it too simple! Oh, except for the carrying the pack with all your gear, and trekking 20 or so miles a day.

Comment

Originally posted by mosswood View Post
      I remember carrying the old USGS maps on week long hikes. This new technology would have made it too simple! Oh, except for the carrying the pack with all your gear, and trekking 20 or so miles a day.
      I know, part of me doesn't care for the new tech, people will forget how to do basic skills of orienteering etc if they become too dependent on tech to do it for them

Comment

I would hate to be in some wilderness area depending on technology when there is a glitch.

Comment

Originally posted by mosswood View Post
          I would hate to be in some wilderness area depending on technology when there is a glitch.
          Heck, even a family vacation in remote areas leaves me without cell phone capability. I'd hate to think of going further out and depending on electronics to get me back

Comment

Working...
          X