Bronze dive watches

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Bronze dive watches

Well they seem all the rage again don't they just. Anyone had any experience of them? Anyone actually dived in one? How does the bronze react with the salt water!??

Zelos-Hammerhead-Bronze-Dive-Watch-aBlogtoWatch-25.jpg
    Chris

Originally posted by Radofan View Post
    Well they seem all the rage again don't they just. Anyone had any experience of them? Anyone actually dived in one? How does the bronze react with the salt water!??

[ATTACH=CONFIG]24278[/ATTACH]
    Hi Chris, bronze is renowned for it's durability in salt water, prior to the advent of stainless steel and anodised alloy, nearly all corrosion or rust resistant metal marine fittings, were made of brass or bronze and in some cases still are.
    Tim.
    Last edited by Tim.; 11-28-2017, 07:33 PM.

Comment

I think Chris K should answer this. I am fairly certain he took the Aquadive I now have to a reasonable depth. I have heard some people have a skin reaction to the bronze. I have not. What I really like is like a pair of jeans it just gets a look the more you wear it.

Comment

Originally posted by Radofan View Post

[ATTACH=CONFIG]24278[/ATTACH]
        Looks sweet, as others mentioned it should do very well in water. As far as allergies go, having worked in a brass/bronze foundry, there are many different brass and bronze alloys, some harder (some harder than steel but very brittle) some softer all with different desired properties. Some people can be allergic to certain things that go into a particular alloy. Like some people, such as my wife, are allergic to nickel which are used in some metal alloys. When I buy her a watch it has to be a nickel free stainless steel.
        sigpic Let the music be your Master, will you heed the Master's call?

Comment

Oh that one isn't mine, I just like to throw a pic in with my posts for extra interest!! I do have a couple of bronze on order though, both with miyota 9015 movements! I'll post more pics when they arrive but thanks for the info guys!!

IMG_0395.jpg 0fb0aa93f5e00ec0c43cb56ffe66e9a8.jpg
          Chris

Comment

Jonathan is correct.

I made multiple dives with the watch which I sold to him. It is a solid bronze case including the case back. I noticed that the watch acquired a very nice deep rich patina over the course of ownership. It did occasionally leave a green residue on my wrist but this was not very concerning to me. It wiped off easily.

I wore the watch on at least two dozen dives to well beyond 100 feet on several occasions. I was careful to rinse the watch in freshwater after salt water dives.

Hope this helps.

Btw, Jonathan, if you decide to get rid of it I call dibs.

Chris

Comment

I like the look of bronze divers, but prefer titanium over anything else. No worries on corrosion and light yet strong.

Comment

Chris, on the dibs, absolutely my friend, think we may have done that once or twice before. For now it stays in my rotation.

Comment

There's something very warm about bronze watches. Here are a couple pics of....

..the one Jonathan now owns.

BS100_01.jpg
                  BS100_02.jpg
                  BS100_03.jpg
                  BS100_04.jpg
                  BS100_05.jpg
                  BS100_06.jpg

Comment

Originally posted by Chris View Post
                    ..the one Jonathan now owns.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]24299[/ATTACH]
                    [ATTACH=CONFIG]24300[/ATTACH]
                    [ATTACH=CONFIG]24301[/ATTACH]
                    [ATTACH=CONFIG]24302[/ATTACH]
                    [ATTACH=CONFIG]24303[/ATTACH]
                    [ATTACH=CONFIG]24304[/ATTACH]
                    WOW!! That one ticks all the boxes and more!!!!
                    Chris

Comment

Working...
                    X