Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Chris, got a question on the 565 movement.

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Chris, got a question on the 565 movement.

In my WatchCo SM 300. Mine's non-hacking and doesn't have a quickset date. Is that normal for one of those? Given the time period, i expect it is, but I've seen a few older comments on some boards (via Google) that talk about pulling and pushing the crown to move the date wheel. i figure you ought to know if anyone.

George
    Cardigan American Princess Celeste says, "It's too quiet. You guys get up off your butts and start doing things."

Originally posted by George W. Olney View Post
    In my WatchCo SM 300. Mine's non-hacking and doesn't have a quickset date. Is that normal for one of those? Given the time period, i expect it is, but I've seen a few older comments on some boards (via Google) that talk about pulling and pushing the crown to move the date wheel. i figure you ought to know if anyone.

George
    Hi George,
    Tim, not Chris, hope you don't mind me sticking my nose in the water over here occasionally. I borrowed this from the Rado forum resource page. It seems none of these earlier Omegas had a hacking feature, not till cal.7XX or so. From what I've read it should however have a date quickset operated by moving the crown between the 2nd and 3rd positions. I have a '70's Tissot with an Omega/Tissot 1481/2481 movement that has a push crown quickset and they are a bit prone to breakdown. I recently also had to have a mid 60's AS with push pull crown quickset repaired, my point being your 565 may just need a quick repair to reset the changer or replace a small part. Here's the 565 page from Dr. Ranfft.
    Tim.

Screen Shot 2017-11-29 at 12.58.49 PM.jpg
    Last edited by Tim.; 11-28-2017, 10:58 PM.

Comment

Tim, thanks buddy. You may well be right. The crown extraction on this watch is a bit hinkey, so I suspect that's the problem. I appreciate the data page. Very interesting.

George
      Cardigan American Princess Celeste says, "It's too quiet. You guys get up off your butts and start doing things."

Comment

sorry George, just saw this.

It should have a push-pull quickset date feature. You kind of pump the crown in and out and it advances the date. If it doesn't work it may need a look-see by your watch guy. There is a fairly small part that does break frequently.

Chris

Originally posted by George W. Olney View Post

George

Comment

De Nada, Chris. Tim set me straight and I agree that I have a broken small whatever.

George

Comment

Working...
          X