Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Got that watch in I saved up for and what a disappointment!!!!!

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Got that watch in I saved up for and what a disappointment!!!!!

$2530 for this Sinn U1 that is tegimented, well I packed that watch up the same day and sent it back. Horrible bezel action. Loose as hell and you can even back click it one and even two clicks sometimes. Lume was not that great for something at this price point. And the crown felt wobbly when adjusting the time. Hell no! Almost as soon as I had it packed up I got a email saying another watch I had been interested in is stock I had requested and was selling for a black Friday price. So I am sitting here waiting at my door waiting for my Orient Saturation Diver to show up I paid $715 for and thinking what should I do with all that extra cash! And for sure will have to do a head to head review against the 300 meter Marine Master I own.

Sorry to hear about the Sinn. I'm a bit surprised about the quality problems, but that brings back an old policy of mine to never risk money of something I've never actually held. Good luck on the Orient. Tuck the extra money away. There'll be something else wander by soon enough.

George
    Cardigan American Princess Celeste says, "It's too quiet. You guys get up off your butts and start doing things."

Comment

Very unusual for Sinn! I had a U2 and loved it except it did not have a HRV or crown guards. Other than that I loved the way it looked.
      TKite,
      Hydronaut

I need a new watch

Comment

That's a shame, but a nice recovery!
        JP

They've done studies, you know. 60% of the time, it works every time.

Comment

Orient VS Seiko MM300 - no contest, that is a Seiko win all over. The Orient is a great watch for the money, but my biggest gripe about it is the 'power meter' on the face. I could do without that personally
          TKite,
          Hydronaut

I need a new watch

Comment

Sorry to hear that, it is always sad to anticipate something and it ends up a huge disappointment.
            sigpic Let the music be your Master, will you heed the Master's call?

Comment

Originally posted by TKite View Post
              Orient VS Seiko MM300 - no contest, that is a Seiko win all over. The Orient is a great watch for the money, but my biggest gripe about it is the 'power meter' on the face. I could do without that personally
              You may not like my review, lol! But the power meter was the final selling point.

Comment

This was one I owned... great watch, just could not come to grips with it not having a crown guard or HRV considering it had so many other professional qualities.....

Sinn U2

TKite,
                Hydronaut

I need a new watch

Comment

Working...
                X