Changing our name.

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Changing our name.

So far what I've seen here, the idea of renaming this place is becoming popular. Also, tKite's suggestion of "The League of Extraordinary Gentlemen" is becoming popular, too.

I have a suggestion for consideration and debate. Nothing too earth-shattering. Simply a small change. If you look at the forum heading, you'll find a small line beneath the bobbing hard hat. It reads, "The Ultimate Dive Watch Forum". UDWF was shortened to DWF years ago and that, in fact, is our formal name on the Net now. To be blunt, UDWF's pretty much obsolete.

Ergo...

How about petitioning Jamie to replace "The Ultimate Dive Watch Forum" line with "The League of Extraordinary Gentlemen"? Basically, that's a name for us - the denizens of this little patch of Internet. No change of major anything, just a minor title replacement.

I know LoEG isn't PC because it refers just to guys, but then, I'm not PC either. I try to be courteous to all, but I'm not PC. It's worth noting at this point that the real League of Extraordinary Gentlemen had a lady in it, making it about 17% female if I remember the cast correctly. Personally, I like the name and feel it symbolizes the rebirth of this forum.

How say you guys? i want as many people to comment as possible. I think this little change is important to all of us.

George
    Cardigan American Princess Celeste says, "It's too quiet. You guys get up off your butts and start doing things."

Works for me !
    "So Many Watches / So Little Time"

Comment

I am in agreement with George, to put

"The League of Extraordinary Gentlemen"

Under the bobbing Diver logo for the forum. (Replacing "The Ultimate Dive Watch Forum")
      TKite,
      Hydronaut

I need a new watch

Comment

I like it!

I don't know how extraordinary we are, but I like it.

Chris

Comment

Glad to see you in here Chris!
          TKite,
          Hydronaut

I need a new watch

Comment

I'm in, and ladies always welcome!

EDIT:
            I'm for the idea of updating the name, the forum has grown and changed in ways since it first started, but I think keep UDWF in some form too. To honor Marc Levesque (I hope I spelled your last name correctly ) who was the founder of the UDFW.
            Last edited by Kevin M; 11-24-2017, 02:05 AM.

Comment

WTH, 120 views, very few responses. Where's Jaimie? Let's get this done.
              TKite,
              Hydronaut

I need a new watch

Comment

Already come to that conclusion, T. I'll try to find the rascal.
                Cardigan American Princess Celeste says, "It's too quiet. You guys get up off your butts and start doing things."

Comment

Originally posted by Kevin M View Post
                  I'm in, and ladies always welcome!

EDIT:
                  I'm for the idea of updating the name, the forum has grown and changed in ways since it first started, but I think keep UDWF in some form too. To honor Marc Levesque (I hope I spelled your last name correctly ) who was the founder of the UDFW.
                  Gentlemen, I have no objection, and will discuss with Roland (as site owner, he would have final say, not Jaimie or the moderators). Do you want to retain UDWF in honor of Marc? If so where/how?
                  Brad
                  Time is Money, except on Dark Side of the Moon

Comment

I don't really care to retain UDWF personally. That said, we need a bunch more moderators - old timers in my opinion who will stop in here regularly. Thanks.

Also, see this post:

http://www.equationoftime.com/forums...6212-New-title
                    Last edited by TKite; 12-02-2017, 10:17 PM.
                    TKite,
                    Hydronaut

I need a new watch

Comment

Brad,

I'm afraid the UDWF title became obsolete years back. I've been around long enough to remember when it was regularly used, but that hasn't been the case for three or four years, if my recollection isn't too bad. I understand about wanting to honor Marc, and I think that's worthy of discussion. However, this forum was nearly dead and it's now been resurrected. My feeling is that the members of the "new" forum deserve a new, generally approved, name. One we've chosen. We're not talking about changing the main DWF name after all. Perhaps that main title could become the UDWF, so long as the subtitle becomes The League of Extraordinary Gentlemen.

(Deep breath.) I will volunteer to become one of the moderators on the new forum, so long as I'm not alone. I also nominate TKite for another. A third member would, in my opinion, be necessary. Both T and I have many and varied demands on our time. A third person would give this place the depth of coverage it needs.

George
                      Last edited by George W. Olney; 12-03-2017, 05:16 PM. Reason: Spelling. What else?

Comment

I agree with George. Yes I'd do the job too. However we need more. Chris is here now and again, but never see Tyler (unfortunately).

Choose more moderators, admins, or whatever you want to call them. Vince, Moss, Kevin, JP, SL and Kurt are all long timers.
                        Last edited by TKite; 12-03-2017, 11:42 PM.
                        TKite,
                        Hydronaut

I need a new watch

Comment

Working...
                        X