Hello?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hello?

What's wrong here on this forum that people just lurk and don't post? I went to a few other forums and people post away like crazy, and yet nobody posts here anymore.
    TKite,
    Hydronaut

I need a new watch

OK, we all like pictures so, here are some pictures that put Seiko on the map. Or, maybe on the board, the skateboard that is. I took these out on the Lanai.
    DSC03059.jpgDSC03064.jpgDSC03060.jpgDSC03062.jpg
    I am living the dream in Hawaii.

Comment

That's an awesome watch, and are you riding that skateboard?
      TKite,
      Hydronaut

I need a new watch

Comment

Originally posted by TKite View Post
        That's an awesome watch, and are you riding that skateboard?
        The watch is nice. And no my wife will not let me skateboard any more. When I was leaving Pittsburgh and still working at REI I could order boards from Arbor at a really nice discount and this one had a map of Hawaii on it so it makes a cool decoration in the house here. I rode a lot up into my thirties, but not much since. I stick to bicycles now.
        DSC03073.jpgDSC03075.jpgDSC03074.jpgDSC03071.jpg
        I am living the dream in Hawaii.

Comment

Cool board, indeed!
          Somehow I lost track of the late-1970s board I rode avidly until the late 1980s. During my various moves between apartments, ultimately to the house I have now, it disappeared. So 10 years ago I had one built that is a little bit of my old one, and quite a bit of what I would have bought 40 years ago if I'd had sufficient funds.

I sure wish I still had my old one. The deck (a Haut Lama-Flex) is rare and apparently quite valuable today.
          I should try to get some quality skating in before I turn 50 this summer!
          Brad
          Time is Money, except on Dark Side of the Moon

Comment

Working...
          X