Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Friday Roll Call - Vitamin C

Morning, Gents,

Happy Friday to you! Anyone have plans for a three-day weekend?
    Anybody gone already, on a four-day weekend?

Kevin's 1200 Pro proved WAY too much for me to resist, so I wound this guy up this morning.
    This guy arrived toward the end of the 2016, and it does get worn a lot. This is the Sub 300 reissue. Not everyone's cuppa', but I dig it.

Heh, I couldn't have oafed the date window any better. Score!

Steve

Doxa_300.JPG
    Did you just try to pass NULL? You canít pass NULL!

Gotta work Monday...
    Matt

formerly A MattR of Time

Comment

I really dig that SUN, Matt. That's a nice watch.
      We rotate on call duties, and that's one of my two GMT choices right there.
      Mine takes a decade to charge, though. Hope yours behaves better.
      Steve

Comment

Very nice, perhaps the one watch I have lusted for yet have not yet owned...One day. But for sure high octane vitamin C, nothing beats the 666 Snorkel.

sigpic Let the music be your Master, will you heed the Master's call?

Comment

Hey Shannon,
          Your two words (high octane) sum it up nicely. That snorkel reaches out and grabs you. It can not escape notice.

I feel there's a difference between the orange on the 300 and the 4000T. I may be all wet, and I wouldn't be willing to submit them for a densitometer reading, but the vividness of the 4000T surprises me more. It causes more of a jolt from my peripheral vision. It's like noticing I have a visitor on my wrist after crawling a confined space. ...and neither one has bitten me yet.
          Steve

Comment

We finally made it to Hawaii and are mostly moved in. Still sorting out and trying to shoehorn a lot of stuff into a house less than half the size of our house in PA. I am wearing the Grand Seiko this week. I am in the back 'yard' in this picture. No grass, just lava pebbles and plants; we have banana trees, limes, mangoes and papayas. From the back we can see the ocean (about 6 miles down the road) and two mountains / volcanoes - Mauna Loa and Kohala.

GS Hawaii.jpg
            I am living the dream in Hawaii.

Comment

Loving all the choices! Esp like that 300(no T)! That raised/domed sapphire is so sweet! Doxa hit a homerun with doing a direct reissue on that first model. I'm hoping they follow suit and release more historical models

Comment

Wow, this post has it all.
                Congratulations on the move, and I hope you get everything stowed. (I took the easy way out and bought a shed.)

Dang! You can go for a walk in the back yard and have lunch. It sure is pretty.
                And the GS is gorgeous, too. ...nearly forgot that. Because I was hungry for mangoes.

No! I can not have mango!
                Mango1.jpg

Steve

Comment

Is that Sub300 the one that Peter was posting on a while back? I recall at that time it was not fully on the market. Domed sapphire crystal and all, looks good

Vince I'm glad you're getting settled. I can relate to the furniture situation!
                  TKite,
                  Hydronaut

I need a new watch

Comment

Wearing my other GMT today

Matt

formerly A MattR of Time

Comment

Originally posted by 336Whiskey View Post

Gotta work Monday...
                      Loving that SUN GMT I have the Seiko PADI Auto but I am looking at the PADI version of the SUN Kinetic.

Comment

IMG_1037.jpg

Comment

Working...
                        X