one cool old Longines

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• one cool old Longines

the hands don't look right, but they look good, and that dial is spectacular.

Makes me think I could almost pull off 35mm....almost.

"most things are NOS for a reason"

Forget the watch, tell me about that badass sweater....
    TKite,
    Hydronaut

I need a new watch

Comment

Army rotary wing air crew jacket.

Nomex, I believe.
      "From birth, man carries the weight of gravity on his shoulders. He is bolted to earth. But man has only to sink beneath the surface and he is free."
      Jacques Yves Cousteau

sigpic

Comment

35mm with no bezel? The dial is probably bigger than a 40mm diver, and probably most 41-42mm ones as well. I'd wear it. Go for it.
        John

Comment

Originally posted by Mitch View Post
          Nomex, I believe.
          Looks good. I had my eye on some Austrian Army heavy wool sweaters last winter but they didn't have my size.
          TKite,
          Hydronaut

I need a new watch

Comment

Redials...

I've got one myself. Though mine comes from much earlier as a converted Cyma pocket watch. The PW conversion was done early, as the back is pretty pitted from wear (which wouldn't happen in a pocket). Unfortunately the redialer put a broadarrow on the dial that obviously shouldn't be there.
            But it's fun to wear and didn't cost me much. It's signed Cyma on the motor and inside the case. Oh..and it's 40mm

sigpic

Comment

Man, I like that a LOT. Not as much as Longines' Czech military pilot watch (Steve G's awesome photo!), but it's still a great looking piece.

Comment

Originally posted by tickdoc View Post
                the hands don't look right, but they look good, and that dial is spectacular.

Makes me think I could almost pull off 35mm....almost.

Nice pic and watch. I wish they still made simple looking watches like that one...

Comment

Seems to be a bit of a lost art.

Originally posted by Carloeot View Post
                  Nice pic and watch. I wish they still made simple looking watches like that one...
                  Although some companies still has a few nice simple watches.
                  Keith

Before you judge a man, walk a mile in his shoes; after that, who cares?! He's a mile away and you've got his shoes!

sigpic

Comment

Working...
                  X