Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Choices..... grrrr...

Ok....

If you could choose, what would you purchase....

Muhle Glaschutte Rasmus

Seiko Marine Master 300

Doxa NUMA badged 1200T

I really like all of them but I am really tempted by that Doxa........

TKite,
    Hydronaut

I need a new watch

MM300 by a country mile...

The Muhle is a Dreanaught wannabe and the Doxa is a Swinese mess, which leaves the Seiko in-house hotness to save the day.

Do it.

Regards,
    Adam

PS - Of course, if the Doxa is the one that's keeping you up at night, don't listen to me, listen to your heart (yes, that came off a bit gheyer than I had anticipated it would, but you know what I mean...)

Comment

Originally posted by craniotes View Post
      The Muhle is a Dreanaught wannabe and the Doxa is a Swinese mess, which leaves the Seiko in-house hotness to save the day.

Do it.

Regards,
      Adam

PS - Of course, if the Doxa is the one that's keeping you up at night, don't listen to me, listen to your heart (yes, that came off a bit gheyer than I had anticipated it would, but you know what I mean...)
      I like the Rasmus a lot more than the Dreadnought personally.... Dunno. The Seiko doesn't have a Sapphire crystal which sucks, and you cannot polish small scratches out of it either like an acrylic/hesalite crystal.... For a watch that expensive, it should have a Sapphire crystal - their 600m spring drive has one.....
      TKite,
      Hydronaut

I need a new watch

Comment

Originally posted by craniotes View Post

Do it.

Regards,
        Adam

Wasn't that line in a song by The Captain and Tenille?
        sigpicHook 'Em
        "Just as watch collectors are keepers of a tradition of a mechanical art, so too are dive watch owners keepers of a legacy of rugged instruments that accompanied man on some of his greatest adventures. Wear your dive watch proudly."

Comment

If the Hardlex crystal bothers you, Jack at IWW can always swap it out for a sapphire.

As for the Rasmus, this isn't the first time I've heard you going on about one... Maybe this is the watch for you? While I may not be enamored of its styling, there's no denying that it's built like a tank and that the 2824 under the hood won't let you down when the going gets rough. .

Regards,
          Adam

PS - I don't care for the modern iteration of Doxa, so my opinion can't be trusted when it comes to their nebulously sourced and assembled watches.

Comment

I can recommend the MM300 without reservation. The Doxa I have is a lot better made than one would assume based on a lot of stuff posted about the brand lately. Maybe not every model is the same, but the 1200T Professional is a pretty nice watch, that much I can say for sure.
            sigpic
            Jeff
            UR4 scuba?

Comment

like about 600 other people here I bought a Seiko MM, and after

about a month, like about 595 other people here, I sold it...

It's a very nice watch.

Even today it's still probably a good deal for the money.

But bottom line, it's just another Submariner wanna'be

The Rasmus probably has the better build quality of the three, and it's different without being that just to be different.

Besides,

everybody knows 'DOXA' is Tsarist-era Russian slang for 'comrade'...

Comment

Yep... MM all the way...

I think the Captain wore a Blue Doxa didn't he, TR?
                sigpic

Comment

D'oh! Pinko line of the day award, SG!
                  sigpic

Comment

The Seiko he's looking at is quite different from your average Seiko, and is anything but a Rolex wanna'be. I think Rolex has incorporated some of the design features of the MM300 in their DSSD, if I'm not mistaken.
                    sigpic
                    Jeff
                    UR4 scuba?

Comment

Man, you guys didn't take your happy pills today! Political threads getting deleted before 10:00am, blue watches that are too blue, now this....geez. We are going to need a Rumble Room soon!

TKite, "swinese" or not, I am digging this Doxa! I have had a boat load of them over the years and they all held up just fine. I had the Seiko MM for awhile, nice watch, thought the bracelet felt a bit cheap considering it was an upper end Seiko but go with what ever does it for you, your the one that has to wear it, just my $.02 and nice pic [/SIZE]
                      Last edited by DaveT; 03-30-2012, 07:39 AM.
                      Dave

Comment

Actually, I'm tempted by that one, too. If I were you, though, I'd never use it as a commercial diving watch. I've seen a Doxa flunk the pressure test in Watch Time magazine & I'm not sure I trust the company all that much.

If I wanted one to take down with me - MM300. I KNOW the quality.

George
                        Cardigan American Princess Celeste says, "It's too quiet. You guys get up off your butts and start doing things."

Comment

Read what I wrote again..., I OWNED one... it's just not

the do-all end-all you guys talk like it is, sorry.

And having handled a Rasmus and OWNED several DOXAs, I think the Rasmus is probably the better build...

I stand behind the original comments--including the Rolex wannabe...
                          Sorry--but that one's not even a call in my book.
                          Last edited by SG; 03-29-2012, 06:15 PM.

Comment

No more Commercial work for me, that I know of anyway. I'm done with that chapter... All three of these would be suited for Commercial work by the fact they are helium safe.

I saw the article that George posted about here, but that was an earlier model Doxa and the hands stopped because the crystal pressed in onto them. Don't recall the depth, but the Omega Ploprof (original) stopped because of the same thing though the depth was greater than the rating.

As far as swapping the crystal on a brand new watch, that isn't happening. The MM should come with a sapphire crystal already for that price. The STORIES about hardlex vs. sapphire aren't credible in my opinion. Give me sapphire and keep the hardlex - their more expensive 600m spring drive has the sapphire so their logic doesn't fly.

Build quality... I know the Seiko and Muhle will be excellent. Never owned a Doxa, but heard a few negatives over the years. I could count on the Seiko and the Muhle without a doubt.... but that hardlex is bothering me on the Seiko. I like the looks of the Seiko a great deal.... The Muhle I would have to purchase the bracelet separately as the one local comes on a rubber deployent.... Muhle has a domed sapphire which is a big plus for me.
                            TKite,
                            Hydronaut

I need a new watch

Comment

Muhle Glaschutte Rasmus..

I don't know whose pictures these are, but they really show off the brutish nature of the Muhle in my opinion. I might just be going with the Muhle after all. Props to the owner of the one in these pics....

TKite,
                              Hydronaut

I need a new watch

Comment

Working...
                              X