No announcement yet.

Choices..... grrrr...

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I wouldn't buy any of the three new. I would try to find a nice used one that has already taken the hit on resale. The Rasmus is $3600 on a rubber strap new. That's insane!

If you like the MM300 but are disappointed by the crystal you can always buy a replacement sapphire crystal from Harold. I bought one for my Seiko Arnie and the thing is amazing.

Comment

Originally posted by Cannon View Post
      I wouldn't buy any of the three new. I would try to find a nice used one that has already taken the hit on resale. The Rasmus is $3600 on a rubber strap new. That's insane!

If you like the MM300 but are disappointed by the crystal you can always buy a replacement sapphire crystal from Harold. I bought one for my Seiko Arnie and the thing is amazing.
      Well, like I said above, I wouldn't ever buy a new Seiko MM and turn around and have a crystal swapped at that price. The Rasmus is $3600 msrp, but I would get a discount on it. I rarely buy a used watch, and I mean RARELY. I wouldn't purchase a used Rolex, Seiko MM, or probably any other higher end watches actually. I like to get them dirty myself.
      TKite,
      Hydronaut

I need a new watch

Comment

If I had to use it as a tool, the MG. I like the Seiko look better. Appearance wise it is close to perfect. It just shows its "experience" too easily. As soon as the Muhle was gone I missed it. It is tough, and you can wear it and not worry.

Comment

Originally posted by TKite View Post
          I don't know whose pictures these are, but they really show off the brutish nature of the Muhle in my opinion. I might just be going with the Muhle after all.
          After looking at the pics, I'd say that the MG is just your style Torrey. If price became an issue; then the Seiko. You could always just use the hardlex crystal and then go with the sapphire once the original became unserviceable.
          "From birth, man carries the weight of gravity on his shoulders. He is bolted to earth. But man has only to sink beneath the surface and he is free."
          Jacques Yves Cousteau

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by craniotes View Post

PS - I don't care for the modern iteration of Doxa, so my opinion can't be trusted when it comes to their nebulously sourced and assembled watches.
            I could say the same about Breitling..... I will never buy a Breitling.
            TKite,
            Hydronaut

I need a new watch

Comment

Originally posted by Mitch View Post
              After looking at the pics, I'd say that the MG is just your style Torrey. If price became an issue; then the Seiko. You could always just use the hardlex crystal and then go with the sapphire once the original became unserviceable.
              I think I'm gonna squeeze that trigger Mitch. You're right, the Muhle is my style it is right there with the Rolex from what I have seen in person I really dig it.
              TKite,
              Hydronaut

I need a new watch

Comment

Dontcha just love it when a plan comes together?

Originally posted by TKite View Post
                I think I'm gonna squeeze that trigger Mitch. You're right, the Muhle is my style it is right there with the Rolex from what I have seen in person I really dig it.

Regards,
                Adam

Comment

I think the Muhle is the one for you Torrey ... but don`t buy new !

Place a WTB on the main Fora and buy one from a Reputable Seller with good references that has plenty of Warranty left .

Why take a bath if and when you sell it down the Road .

The only watches that I would purchase new are Limited Edition pieces that are very hard to get and hold their value . Believe me I have lost plenty of $ selling pieces in the past that I paid full price for and no longer buy new unless something very Special.

Mind you this is coming from a guy that has never owned a Brand New Car or Motorcycle either ... maybe some Day

Cheers,

Vic

Comment

Originally posted by Victor View Post
                    Place a WTB on the main Fora and buy one from a Reputable Seller with good references that has plenty of Warranty left .

Why take a bath if and when you sell it down the Road .

The only watches that I would purchase new are Limited Edition pieces that are very hard to get and hold their value . Believe me I have lost plenty of $ selling pieces in the past that I paid full price for and no longer buy new unless something very Special.

Mind you this is coming from a guy that has never owned a Brand New Car or Motorcycle either ... maybe some Day

Cheers,

Vic
                    I've wanted one for years so I don't think this one will go anywhere. Yeah I will be buying it new... no old cheese in the crevices and so on to pick out before wearing LOL... I only have two others to buy new, then the rest will most likely be pre-owned gently used pieces.
                    TKite,
                    Hydronaut

I need a new watch

Comment

Yeah I'm gonna go pick it up in the morning...

Originally posted by craniotes View Post

Regards,
                      Adam
                      TKite,
                      Hydronaut

I need a new watch

Comment

I feel like the madman in the town square who can't believe anybody would not see the obvious, so I don't know what it is about the MM300 you're not seeing, but... whatever.
                        sigpic
                        Jeff
                        UR4 scuba?

Comment

I'd choose the Doxa

Which is probably obvious since that NUMA was mine. Of course, I don't have any personal experience with the other two, but I'd have no qualms recommending the Doxa.
                          Last edited by jswing; 03-30-2012, 08:06 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by TakesALickin View Post
                            I feel like the madman in the town square who can't believe anybody would not see the obvious, so I don't know what it is about the MM300 you're not seeing, but... whatever.
                            Don't worry, Jeff, you're not alone.

Regards,
                            Adam

Comment

I'd take the Doxa. I don't like that badge on the other dial colors, but the white printing on the blue works.

My first inclination though, was to the Marinemaster, but it really is a lot like so many other of my divers. If I was not rife with black dial/black bezel divers already though, or could only have one diver in the collection, the MM would make more sense.
                              John

Comment

Originally posted by TakesALickin View Post
                                Did I rule out the Marine Master from a future purchase? Hell no I'm going to get one. Right now it's the Muhle though.
                                TKite,
                                Hydronaut

I need a new watch

Comment

Working...
                                X